Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collaborate downloading changes as new project

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Pnm279, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Pnm279

Pnm279

Hello

Im a solo developer and i started using collaborate with the idea of backing my project and have fast acces to it from 2 computers i use on different locations.

Yesterday i uploaded my project from pc1. Today morning downloaded the project from pc 2 and made some changes. At the afternoon returned to pc 1 location willing to download changes made earlier on pc2.

But instead downloading only the changes, it asks me to download everything again and in a new folder.
    (i didn't change the project name)
    Not really handy.

It's that supposed to happen?

2. YBtheS

YBtheS

I don't think so. Did you try to update the project on PC 1 by opening the old project first and then clicking the collab drop down tab?

3. Pnm279

Pnm279

The project appeared on "in the cloud" section of Unity. And when i tried to open it, unity asked me to choose a "new project folder" then started downloading everything.

Might be that i have different Unity versions on pc1 and pc 2, just realized that. Downloading now the same version i have on pc 2 and then i will try again.

Hope it fixes it.

4. YBtheS

YBtheS

That's not the problem. That's supposed to happen. What you need to do is click on the old version that you already have saved. From there, in the top right corner of the Unity editor, there should be a button that says "Collab". Click on it and there should be a button there to download the latest version.

Edit: I should mention that Unity would make you update it anyways.

ollieblanks likes this.
  5. Pnm279

Pnm279

Ohhh i see.

That makes sense.

Thank you very much for your time :)

YBtheS likes this.
  6. YBtheS

YBtheS

My pleasure :D