Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collaborate create new directory all the time

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Corund, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Corund

Corund

Hello!
    When i choose to get my project "chapter 2" from Cloud Collaborate creates new directory all the time.
    I have two options:
    1. If i choose highlevel directory like "d:/" Collaborate will create new folder "chapter 3", next time "chapter 4" and so on. I'm working in directory "chapter 21" right now
    2. If i choose as a directory folder chapter 2 Collaborate will create "chapter 2" new folder inside "chapter 2" existing folder. So i will get folder structure: "chapter 2/chapter 2/chapter 2/chapter 2/chapter 2".

I expect that project from Cloud will overwrite my disk version of project. But Collaborate just create new folder and project. I don't like this behavior. Any suggestions?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Corund! It sounds like you're opening your project using the In the Cloud tab in the launcher, instead of On Disk.

In the Cloud is for when you don't have a local copy of your project to work on that someone uploaded earlier using Collaborate.
    On Disk is for after you've downloaded your project using In the Cloud or when you created the project on your computer and you want to continue working on it.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I hope that clears things up.

3. Corund

Corund

Thanks for reply, yes i use "In the cloud" all the time
    If i use "On disk" option and someone updated files, will be my files updated automatically as well?

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Yes, opening the project from On Disk will still let you pull and push changes with your teammates. :)