Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[SOLVED] Collaborate Connection Reliability Getting Worse

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by CozyBryan, Oct 12, 2018.

1. CozyBryan

CozyBryan

I've been using Collaborate for a couple of years now, so I've gotten used to some of the disconnection issues.
    But in the past month or so things have gotten unusably bad. Just about every time I click the Collaborate button (every 5-60 minutes) I run into a connection issue. "No Internet Connection", "Lost Project Link", or "Please Sign In".

Unity Collaborate has been a good option for working with less technical artists. But these frequent random error messages are making it impractical to use

Attached Files:

Marc-Saubion likes this.
  2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @CozyBryan! That really sucks that you keep getting disconnected so often. If you could direct message me your project's UPID then we can take a look at your network logs on our end to see if you we can learn more about what's happening.

3. CozyBryan

CozyBryan

Hey @ryanc-unity

I've DM'd you my project's UPID

I've also gotten in touch with Ollie Banks through the Unity support system. He's given me some steps to capture logs, which I will have time to do later tonight.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  4. CozyBryan

CozyBryan

Are there any updates to this?
    As far as I can tell I'm being ignored, and tracking this issue is now a confusing a mess.
    I have 4 places to look and I'm not getting updates anywhere

I have this forum thread
    a private forum conversation (with @ryanc-unity )
    Support REQUEST #561408 (with @ollieblanks)
    FogBugz ticket #1090321

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi Bryan! I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this issue. I can see in your logs that your Services Window seems to keep disconnecting, but I'm still investigating the reason. Either myself or Ollie will get back to you as soon as we have more information. I'd like to rule out your network has a factor in this issue. Would you mind running our Network Reporting Tool and send me the report in a DM so that we can see if there are any issues with your network reaching Collab's service? Are you only noticing the project link getting lost or are there times where Collaborate disables itself and needs to be reenabled?

6. CozyBryan

CozyBryan

I have a network report attached to my first post in this email thread. Is that enough, or should I do that again?

I'm seeing about 4 different errors that cycle through. "No Internet Connection", "Lost Project Link", or "Please Sign In" are ones I can recall. Whenever it tells me to manually re log-in or reconnect, it doesn't actually help - so I've learned to not do anything. The errors always seem to correct themselves eventually. I can't tell if re-opening collaborate window, opening service tab, or restarting Unity encourages Collaborate to resolve itself. It all feels like voodoo tbh, I'm not sure if anything I'm doing actually helps or I just have to wait.

7. CozyBryan

CozyBryan

just wanted to update for anybody that stumbles across this thread.
    This issue was resolved on Nov 21 2018. There was a "core licensing issue with Google Cloud Platform " that the Unity team resolved on their end. Collaborate is back to working for me as normal.

Ryan-Unity likes this.