Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collaborate connection issue in China.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by vamky, Jul 12, 2019.

1. vamky

vamky

Hi Collaborate team

We are having trouble accessing Unity Collaborate in multiple provinces in China, which includes Shanghai, Chongqing and Shenzhen. We are all using China Telecom as our ISP. Currently we have to use VPN to upload and download changes, which is limiting our iteration and production speed. Also it seems we are unable to access unity3d.com/community as well.

Best Regards
    Kai

2. chin260279979

chin260279979

Also happening in Guangxi and Henan, we have "can't get revision from server" error.

Attached Files:

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @vamky and @chin260279979, currently Unity doesn't have any hosting services inside of China so all connections to our sites and services have to connect to other countries. This can result in some of these connections getting dropped or being slowed down so significantly that it ends up impacting Chinese users' abilities to connect to Unity hosted sites or services. We are in the process of being able to host approved versions of our sites and services inside of China to help alleviate this issue.

In the meantime, using a VPN is the only available option to connect to Unity's services from Chinese regions. Make sure that you can access the following domains:
    1. *.unity.com
    2. *.unity3d.com
    3. *.cloud.unity3d.com
    4. *.amazonaws.com
    5. *.googleapis.com
    6. *.pubnub.com
    7. packages.unity.com
    8. download.packages.unity.com
    9. dl.bintray.com
    10. api.bintray.com
    11. akamai.bintray.com

4. vamky

vamky

Hi Ryanc

That's good to hear! Thanks for the response!

5. caschafly

caschafly

I have the same issue on my side, @vamky can you tell me how to use a VPN to connect the server? seems my VPN doesn't work.

6. vamky

vamky

Hi, I guess you just need a working VPN, personally I would suggest something like ExpressVPN.