Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collaborate causing a ProjectVersion mismatch?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by jwvanderbeck, Sep 23, 2019.

1. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

I created a new project over the weekend on my PC at home and pushed it to Collab. The project was created and worked on in Unity 2019.2.6f1.

Today I installed the same version of Unity on my Macbook and went to grab the project from the collab cloud. Upon doing so I got an error from Unity telling me the project from the cloud was using a different version of the editor (Before 5.0 it says).

When I look at the files on disk that collab has grabbed, it shows an unknown project version in the version file:

Code (CSharp):
    1. m_EditorVersion: UnknownUnityVersion
    2. m_EditorVersionWithRevision: UnknownUnityVersion
    Is there possibly some bug in Collab that is either losing the projectversion on push or losing it on pull?

2. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

To clarify on this. Obviously I can just click Continue in the error and let it go anyway. Since *I* know they were created with the same version there should be no issues, and I will confirm that here once it is done pulling and importing. (EDIT: Can confirm as expected ignoring the error was fine since the project was actually made in the same version)

But that doesn't change the fact that there appears to be a bug here that could trip up some users and have potential other knock-ons. My guess right now is that under some condition the skeleton project collab makes before fetching is made incorrectly with an improper ProjectVersion.txt file. I suspect the one on the other end is fine but I won't be able to check that one for a bit.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @jwvanderbeck, you're right that this could definitely cause confusion among some users. I went ahead and filed a bug around this behavior, which you can track here. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!