Search Unity

Collaborate broke my project

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by ematsuno, Jul 2, 2019.

1. ematsuno

ematsuno

Unity cloud It set us back at least two weeks since we replaced git repository with unity cloud.

It didn't work on first download on all of our team, that should have been our first warning!

Each of our team members experienced problems with the interface. Systems did not properly display the GUI on first and second tries: After reinstallation and restarts, I got the team to see the proper interface.

Uploading their projects: All of my team members were not able to upload the project on first try.
    It showed a red error, with no information. Several restarts later, we got the system to show that it was uploading.

Now that it was uploading, it would show progress in percentage, but then get stuck at some number, for hours!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @ematsuno, I'm sorry to hear that you and your team ran into issues using Collaborate. Could I ask for some additional details to help figure out what exactly went wrong?

Which version of Unity and Collaborate were you using? (If using newer than 2018.3 you can check the Collaborate version by opening the Package Manager). How big is the Assets folder of your project?

When each team member had issues downloading the project for the first time, what exactly were those issues? (Project missing assets, out-of-date changes, build wasn't compiling, etc.)

Are you referring to the Collaborate interface, like the Collab Toolbar? Or are you referring to the GUI in your project?

Was every team member trying to upload changes at the same time? There should have been a red error message in the Collab Toolbar if the publish didn't go through with a message of what went wrong. Do you recall what the message said.