Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Collab wont turn! on 2018.4.2f1

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by WimB, Jun 25, 2019.

1. WimB

WimB

Hi
    I am using 2018.4.2f1 and Collab 1.2.15

When ever I log into my project on collab, the collab tab shows the blue arrow icon. As soon as I click on the tab it goes grey and I cannot do anything.
    I have tried - Logging in and out
    Unlinking and re-linking
    Creating a new account
    Deleting the Collab folder in the Library
    Updating to the latest collab 1.2.16 and trying an older version 1.2.11
    Switching back to default layout
    No Vpn is being used and not obvious firewall blocking Unity

This happened before, and I fixed it by creating a new project in collab and starting again from scratch. But I do not want to keep doing this as the project is quite large now. When i load unity it the collab is blue and it checks for changes its just when I click on it it goes grey

Any help please
    Regards

2. WimB

WimB

Update I have also tried after seeing on the Forum

1) Close Unity
    2) Close Unity Hub
    3) Open C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub and delete the accessToken, accessTokenExpiration, refreshToken and refreshTokenExpiration files.

But still goes grey when clicking on the tab.

When unity loads it does detect a change on the collab, as another team member on the same project has pushed some changes. So now when start unity the icon is now Orange, but when clicked goes grey.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @WimB, thank you so much for the detailed listing of everything you've tried so far, along with which versions of Unity and Collab you're using. Could you open the Services Window (the Cloud button next to the Collab tab) and check if Collaborate is enabled both before and after you try to open the Collab Toolbar? If it's disabled there can re-enable it and tell me if you see any errors in the Console or Editor logs.

4. WimB

WimB

Hi Ryan

Thanks for the reply. So yes Collaborate is enabled before clicking on the Collab toolbar, and afterwards when it goes grey it is still Enabled under services. Nothing in the Console shows up
    When we click the On button next to Collaborate on the next panel that appears next to "Create together seamlessly", there is a button which appears for a second then vanishes. ( So im not sure how you can turn it off )

5. WimB

WimB

Update
    We also tried another project using Unity 2018.3.6f1 on the same machine and it also has the same issue as above, which makes me think now it is not related to unity version or Collab version. Also whoever signs in on that PC has the same issue above. This is a new pc so is there any suggestions what it could be, we did try the firewall but that didnt seem to solve anything.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  6. ali-but

ali-but

Hello i work with @WimB and i have made a small gif of what is happening

this is what happens when you click on collab button

this is what happens when we disable and enable collab from services

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for the videos, @ali-but and @WimB. Did you both double check on your project's Dashboard website that you both have been assigned a Teams seat? You can get there by clicking on the "Go to Dashboard" link at the top of the Services Window. From there, in the left nav-bar, expand the Settings tab, click on Users, then scroll down to your names and make sure that under "Teams seat access" that they say "yes" for everyone.

8. WimB

WimB

Hi Ryan

Yes we are all assigned to the project

On our own PCs we can log in fine to the project and use collab, using the same Unity version and Collab version.
    However when we log onto the problem pc, the collab is grey no matter whom is logging in or assigned to the team

9. ali-but

ali-but

We also used the main unity account who is owner of the project in the collab and team, Still collab was same as in the first video i shared . this removes the doubt that maybe account beign used is not member of the team. eveything was working fine and suddenly this issue started happening in one of the PC .

We have removed and reinstalled unity there.
    Downloaded the whole project again from collab
    Disabled the windows firewall (no aniti virus installed)

10. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for double checking that you both had a Teams seat. I agree that this seems to be an issue that's specific to that one machine. Could you please run our Network Reporting Tool on that machine and send me the generated report in a DM? We can use that to check if something on that machine is preventing it from accessing Collab's servers.

11. ali-but

ali-but

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  12. ali-but

ali-but

@ryanc-unity any update regarding this ? we have delivery to make and due to not beign able to use collab our work is getting delayed . it will help us a lot of you can look into this on priority please .

thanks

13. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I'm so sorry for the late response. I had been on vacation for the past week and the majority of Unity was in Denmark for Hack Week the week before that. I've passed your logs onto the team and we'll try to get back to you as soon as we can once we figure out what's going on.

14. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Are you using a VPN of any kind on your machine? Could you try disabling them if you are?

If you do not have a VPN then could you try deleting the following folder, then restarting Unity?
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\Browser\Cache

15. WimB

WimB

Hey Ryan
    No no Vpn is being used.
    We upgraded to a newer version of Collab and we still had the issue, however when we deleted the Cache folder it is now working :) So hopefully thats it now, thanks for the help

Ryan-Unity likes this.