Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collab Window Stucks

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by frekons_unity, Oct 13, 2019.

1. frekons_unity

frekons_unity

When I get collab or push collab it stucks at position, it actually does its job but doesn't reload the gui

https://prnt.sc/pitfv8, this is like that for 2 hours

i think you should add a button to reload gui so when it stucks we can reload it

2. frekons_unity

frekons_unity

https://prnt.sc/pitjbo -> collab version

also our project is big (5-7GB) but we're using 1.2.16 (checking for changes takes too much time) i know there is 2.0.0 preview.17 but it does too many un-needed checking for changes, forexample: when you download collab it rescans project and then it downloads collab and then it rescans project again and it's frustrating

can't you do a collab version that does only one rescan project(which doesnt popup a progress-bar like 2.0.0 preview.17) when you start project and then track the saved files and also add a button to force add to collab so when it doesn't detect what changed we can manually add it to list

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @frekons_unity, you're right that the old Collab Toolbar needs an option to reload the GUI manually, which we added in the v2.0 preview package.

By rescans of your project, are you saying that there are multiple progress bars appearing when you download a project from Collab, aside from the single download progress bar and the asset import progress bar?

What files or changes are you seeing not being automatically tracked by Collab that you'd like us to add a force add button for?

4. frekons_unity

frekons_unity

hi @ryanc-unity,
    there is no multiple progress bars appearing but it does it in order (rescan-download-again rescan)

i don't have any problem with automatic track files, i just made a proposal but still there should be a force add button

by the way, i had used v2.0 preview.17 but i didn't see reload button(there was a button for rescan project but not for gui reload), did you add it new or?
    also could you add that button to other collab versions like 1.2.16?

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Strange, there shouldn't be a second rescan happening. Does it seem to happen with every project that you download from Collab or just this one?

Ah, I gotcha.

Sorry for the confusion, the rescan button also reloads the GUI in addition to rescanning. I'm afraid we can't add the rescan button to 1.2.16 because it required a massive refactor to add in support for it in v2.0 that cannot be easily backported.

6. frekons_unity

frekons_unity

i didn't test it with multiple projects, sorry i don't know

then could you add only reload GUI button to v2.0? because scanning project takes 10-15 minutes
    in case of this i could use that..

at this moment in v1.2.16 i need to restart my unity everytime on that GUI stuck and it scans for changes in project everytime when we both add that unity's start up time + checking for changes it takes to 10-20 minutes which can be solved just by a simply reload GUI