Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collab wants to download whole project

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Gametyme, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Gametyme

Gametyme

Every time I update Unity versions collab makes me download my whole project to sync again. Is this expected behavior?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Gametyme, no, that is not expected behavior. Could you tell me which versions of Unity you're upgrading to?

3. Gametyme

Gametyme

2020.1. It’s been happening for a while now. I don’t remember this happening when I first started using it.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for the info! Are you upgrading from 2019.4 to 2020.1, or a different version of Unity? Does Collab ask you to redownload your whole project every time you try upgrading to 2020.1?

5. Gametyme

Gametyme

2019.4 to 2020.1. I’ve only upgraded once. This has been going for a few versions. Over a year now.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

And Collab asks you to redownload your whole project after you upgrade Unity versions? Does it do it for this specific project or for all of your projects? Would you be willing to share your project so that we can debug it further? If so, then please get in touch with our Support team by doing the following:

1. Navigate to project on the Developer Dashboard.
    2. Select Collaborate > Support from the left hand menu.
    3. Click on Open a Ticket and fill out the support form.

7. Gametyme

Gametyme

I’m currently only working on one project. Also, I do delete the library folder before updating but I’ve always done that. Yes, I’m willing to share it.