Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collab v2 View Diff not working on macOS

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by jwvanderbeck, Oct 3, 2019.

1. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

When I clicked on the button to view diff the first time, a window popped up saying it had to install additional software which I let it do. After that completed however now clicking the button just does nothing.

There are no errors in the console either.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @jwvanderbeck, could you open the Preferences window in your project and tell me what tool is listed under the Revision Control Diff/Merge dropdown?

The following MacOS diff tools are supported for Collab: Apple File Merge, TkDiff, Beyond Compare 4, SourceGear DiffMerge.

3. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Apple File Merge is selected

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Do you have XCode installed? This tool is commonly installed with XCode and may need additional resources to function properly, which should be included after installing XCode.

5. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Not at present, but as I stated when I initially tried to use the merge, a popup came up saying it needed to install some xcode files which presumably installed the files neccesary. Since then clicking the button doesn't pop that up anymore but also doesn't do anything.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Could you try restarting your machine to see if Apple File Merge is still refusing to open after installing those additional files?