Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collab v2 randomly refuses to check for changes

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by jwvanderbeck, Oct 4, 2019.

1. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Clicking the button shows no feedback and no changes that I know are present are detected. It keeps saying I'm up to date.

This has happened a few times now then randomly started working again. Very annoying.

Basically Unity Collab gets into this sate where it can't connect to anything at all, thinks the project doesn't exist, etc.

Code (CSharp):
    1. CollabProxyException: Exception of type 'CollabProxy.AbortGetChangesRequestException' was thrown.
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    3. CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl:LogExceptionDetails(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:445)
    4. CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl:OnGetChangesException(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:242)
    5. CollabProxy.Client.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1:<RegisterListener>b__0(PacketHeader, Connection, String) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabProxyClient.cs:286)
    6. NetworkCommsDotNet.Tools.PacketTypeHandlerDelegateWrapper`1:Process(PacketHeader, Connection, Object)
    7. NetworkCommsDotNet.Connections.Connection:TriggerSpecificPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Object)
    8. NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:TriggerAllPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Connection, MemoryStream, SendReceiveOptions, Boolean)
    9. NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:TriggerAllPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Connection, MemoryStream, SendReceiveOptions)
    10. NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:CompleteIncomingItemTask(Object)
    11. NetworkCommsDotNet.Tools.CommsThreadPool:ThreadWorker(Object)
    12. System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart(Object)
    Honestly I keep trying collab then finding it more hassle than its worth and going back to more tried and true solutions. Collab has so much potential that is constantly destroyed by bugs in what HAS to be a solid system.

2. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

And now after it finally connected again and I pushed my changes, it insists all the same changes are still present. Despite its own history showing the changes commited.

Source control is a critical system that you need to be able to trust. It has been years now that collab has been a thing and I keep testing it over and over and keep coming to the same conclusion. I just can't trust it.