Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collab upload is taking up all my bandwidth and then fails because of "no connection"

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by DimitrPapas, Sep 10, 2018.

1. DimitrPapas

DimitrPapas

I'm having an issue trying to use unity collab and I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered it too or can think of a solution to it.

Whenever I'm trying to 'publish' a change Unity hogs all the bandwidth of my DSL by trying to upload at the maximum allowed rate (I presume). After a few seconds it decides to log me out of my account, probably because it can't hear back from the server, with a "connection lost" message and stops the upload too as it thinks it has no internet.

I checked the modem and the connection never actually goes down. I don't have stability issues with my internet and this behaviour happens consistently every time I try to push anything more than a couple of megabytes on Unity Collab.

Is there a way to limit its upload speed or at least make it not freak out while uploading full speed?

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi @DimitrPapas
    Thank you for reporting this issue. I would very much like to investigate this for you.
    To help us understand what is causing Collaborate to use up all of your bandwidth, can you please use our Network Reporter tool and send the report it produces in an email to collabsupport@unity3d.com?

AlcoleponeHome likes this.
  3. DimitrPapas

DimitrPapas

Hello @ollieblanks and thanks for your reply. I just ran the network reporter tool and sent the log to that email. I'm looking forward to hearing from you about what the issue's cause might be. The problem arose even when we tried to do the same upload from a friend's and neighbor's wifi. This time it managed to reach around 75% completion but then it failed again in the same way. Something that I forgot to note in my OP but I included in the email is that after those errors happen I always have to relogin to unity. So it's not only that it loses connectivity but it also actually logs me out every time it does.

ollieblanks likes this.
  4. RealityDotStop

RealityDotStop

This appears to be the same issue I am having. Let me know if there is anything I can contribute.

5. AlcoleponeHome

AlcoleponeHome

I am also getting this same issue.... would like to know if any progress has been made or if i can help at all.