Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.3 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Collab Says I have No Seat ..I do

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by ippdev, Jan 13, 2018.

1. ippdev

ippdev

I have Unity Pro. I had a nap and woke up and Unity will not let me link to my work project. Claims I have no seat. Going to the Dashboard shows me I am still a user. Logged out and signed back in,, Restarted Unity three timers. Trying to get the team lead to respond but doubt he can do anything about it. Thanks Unity.. Monday morning presentation and 50 features to add and I sit here twiddling thumbs and posting to the Collab forums.

2. dtakahas

dtakahas

Unity Technologies

@ippdev It may be that the manager of the organization to which the project belongs needs to assign you a Unity Teams seat. If you send an email to collabsupport@unity3d.com, we can let you know the exact situation and how to resolve it. Please include the name of the project that you're having trouble with. Thanks!

3. ippdev

ippdev

I have been using Collab on this project for weeks. I dragged the Team lead away from his weekend with family to see what he could do. he removed then re-added me and that was useless. Unity seems to think i do not have Unity Teams but I am looking at the dark UI and pay steeply for Pro.

4. dtakahas

dtakahas

Unity Technologies

Sorry for the confusion. We started enforcing Unity Teams licenses today, so that's why you're seeing this now where you didn't before. I was able to investigate your specific situation:

It looks like the project you are working on is in an organization that has Unity Teams Basic which allows 3 seat assignments. Only 1 of the 3 Unity Teams seats is currently assigned, and the 1 is not assigned to you.

Your team lead needs to:
    1. Login to to https://id.unity.com
    2. Click Organizations
    3. Select the organization
    4. Click Unity Teams Basic (under Subscriptions)
    5. Use the Manage Seats form to assign a seat to you