Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Collab] Rugged::IndexError: invalid path: 'Assets//MyScenesFolder NREF.meta' error

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by IgorAherne, Oct 5, 2017.

1. IgorAherne

IgorAherne

Hey guys, when trying to upload changes, one folder seems to cause issues.

Collab upload circle gets to 100%, then "Cannot submit changes to server" pops up

I am also getting [Collab] Rugged::IndexError: invalid path: 'Assets//MyScenesFolder NREF.meta' error.
    Re-importing this specific folder doesn't solve issues,

deleting .meta file for this specific folder doesn't solve too

I thought it was fixed (not really, plz read below) with this:
    Moving folder to desktop, uploading commit to Collab
    Moving folder from desktop back to Assets, uploading commit to Collab (300 MB)

a bit weird, so though i'd post about it

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. IgorAherne

IgorAherne

Actually, didn't fix it - it uploaded 100% and then said the same error: "Cannot submit changes to server"
    [Collab] Rugged::IndexError: invalid path: 'Assets//MyScenesFolder NREF.meta' error.

What to do?

3. bradunity

bradunity

Hey @IgorAherne, really sorry to hear about this. We're not sure how the Unity Editor got into this state. There are two things you can try, and we'd love to hear what you did and what you found so we can hopefully fix this in the future:
    • With all instances of Unity closed, edit the Collab "snapshot" file (use an editor that preserves all types of whitespace and line endings) and see if there is an entry in there with "Assets/" (i.e. one that has the trailing slash). You can find this file in your project's Library/Collab folder. If you find an entry like this, remove the trailing slash and retry your upload.
    • Or, with all instances of Unity closed, rename the snapshot file (or move it somewhere else), and retry your upload.
    edit: ACK! just reread your original post and noticed you already tried removing the snapshot... sorry for my lack of attention.

4. IgorAherne

IgorAherne

I think the problem began after unity crashed while uploading to Collab (I suspect crashes began after uninstalling a previously installed asset from assetDatabase, NestedPrefabs, ...although it might be innocent )

For now will just try to remove collabSnapshot, because the file is huge to edit and will come back with results

5. IgorAherne

IgorAherne

Hm, so far, didn't succeed
    After removing the entire collab snapshot file from "Library/Collab", I reopened unity and continued working (was going to upload at night).

Because of our internal bug (non-related to collab), unity crashed somewhere in the middle, but I don't think collab was checking for changes during that moment.

Came back, continued to work on project, and in the end put everything on upload, but in the morning saw the same message in the console.

One interesting thing, is before starting to upload I was looking through my folders, and usually the hierarchy is as follows:

--MyScenesFolder NREF
    ---- debug scenes
    ---- Game Canvas Scene NREF
    ---- Level 1
    ---- Level 2
    ---- etc

before uploading I was looking through them and saw
    -MyScenesFolder NREF
    ---- debug scenes
    ---- Game Canvas Scene NREF
    ---- Level 1
    ---- Level 2
    ---- etc
    -MyScenesFolderOne
    ---- GameCanvas Scene One

though I still tried to upload regardless

btw, NREF is my own internal convention, to specify that editor will try to load assets from that folder, during the Edit time (like additivelly loading scene into hierarchy, but doesn't delete anything)

6. IgorAherne

IgorAherne

Ok, so it seems to uploaded correctly, after I removed one specific folder:

"Library/Collab/Download/Assets/Scenes NREF"

however, checking after the upload has gone through,
    "Library/Collab/Download/Assets/Scenes NREF"
    is not re-created yet, so I might have done something bad :D