Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Collab Proxy Main Page View UXML file import takes forever

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by lolerji, Apr 16, 2022.

1. lolerji

lolerji

Hello,

I am using Unity 2021.3.0f1 for apple silicon, and trying to open my project, I have been stuck at collaborate proxy's MainPageView.uxml file for the past 20 minutes and it is still importing. I don't even use unity's collaborate, didn't install it in the project myself, why do I need to wait for this thing for this long and why does it take forever to import a UXML file in the first place.

On the topic of the collaborate, as far as I know, since a version of unity 2020, unity has been adding collaboration to the projects on its own, even if you remove it from the manifest it comes back somehow. So, is there a method for removing it permanently from my project or do I need to prepare myself 20 more cups of tea and watch movies while unity imports this obviously very important UXML file?

EDIT: Now trying to remove collaborate entry from manifest, it actually stayed removed and the import was finished in 5 seconds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Unity helpfully barfs this stuff into your brand-new project, leaving the hapless new user to fight with it until they realize they can get rid of tons of this sorta boilerplate yuck.

Extra unwanted packages in new projects (collab, testing, rider and other junk):

https://forum.unity.com/threads/temp-unityengine-testrunner-dll-error.1133938/#post-7287748

About the fastest way I have found to make a project and avoid all this noise is to create the project, then as soon as you see the files appear, FORCE-STOP (hard-kill) Unity (with the Activity Manager or Task Manager), then go hand-edit the Packages/manifest.json file as outlined in the above post, then reopen Unity.

Sometimes the package system gets borked from all this unnecessary churn and requires the package cache to be cleared:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53145919/unity3d-package-cache-errors/69779122

lolerji likes this.
  3. lolerji

lolerji

if I recall correctly, collab suddenly started adding itself automatically to a SDK development project we were maintaining at my workplace, we were using 2020.3 there. It was connected to services, and whenever I removed the package from the manifest, it reappeared when I reopened the project. It was impacting import times but not this drastically, it was still annoying though. Glad we can finally remove it from the manifest and it stays removed.

EDIT: We were not using the collab service in the project. It was marked as "OFF" in the services tab. Forgot to mention this, added for clarity.

4. lolerji

lolerji

Another issue we have been facing, this time with 2020, building the project fails with strange issues. We failed to build our game for ios on the editor and the error was: "Error building player because script class layout is incompatible between the editor and the player". We checked scripts, the ones that supposedly caused this error and the fields responsible, they were fine. After 40 minutes and nothing solved this issue, we asked ourselves "shall we delete the library?". So we did, and the issue went away. I can't really recall the number of times we had to delete library this week.

By the way, this same issue is reportedly solved, however we are still experiencing it. Not really solved is it?
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...rent-serialization-order-in-editor-and-player

5. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Had this freeze up the editor completely when making a new project on 2022.1 using MacOS Silicon editor.

6. unity_QJ7RazXzghZCzA

unity_QJ7RazXzghZCzA

+1
    Unity 2021.3.13f1

Attached Files: