Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Collab Proxy Exception: request failed with status code: 403

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by holdingjason, Jul 30, 2019.

1. holdingjason

holdingjason

Just started getting this about an half hour ago on both our boxes? Anyone?

2. Rafarel

Rafarel

Same issue happens to all members of my team here !

Code (text):
    1. CollabProxyException: request failed with status code: 403
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    3. CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl:LogExceptionDetails(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:445)
    4. CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl:OnUpdateHeadException(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:224)
    5. CollabProxy.Client.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1:<RegisterListener>b__0(PacketHeader, Connection, String) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabProxyClient.cs:286)
    6. NetworkCommsDotNet.Tools.PacketTypeHandlerDelegateWrapper`1:Process(PacketHeader, Connection, Object)
    7. NetworkCommsDotNet.Connections.Connection:TriggerSpecificPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Object)
    8. NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:TriggerAllPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Connection, MemoryStream, SendReceiveOptions, Boolean)
    9. NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:TriggerAllPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Connection, MemoryStream, SendReceiveOptions)
    10. NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:CompleteIncomingItemTask(Object)
    11. NetworkCommsDotNet.Tools.CommsThreadPool:ThreadWorker(Object)
    12. System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart(Object)

3. Rafarel

Rafarel

If it is the HTTP 403 status error code then :

The HTTP 403 Forbidden client error status response code indicates that the server understood the request but refuses to authorize it.

4. Nyphur

Nyphur

Same thing happening to my team today and it was fine last night. I suspect it has something to do with the 2019.2 rollout yesterday.

Using Collab 2.0 version preview.17 on Unity 2019.1.12f1. Things I've tried:
    - Logging out and in again
    - Disabling and re-enabling Collab from the services menu
    - Removing and re-adding the package

Downgrading the package to 1.2.16 verified and then toggling Collab off and on again seems to have worked. Though now of course I have the dreaded "Checking for changes" bar that I upgraded to get away from.

Rafarel likes this.
  5. holdingjason

holdingjason

Thanks. Yep trying that and seems like that works. Also trying a total refresh pulling everything again into a new project.

6. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hey all! There does seem to a service issue with yesterday's rollout of 2019.2. Our team is currently investigating and we'll update you when we have more info on a fix. In the meantime, I'd recommend rolling back to v1.2.16 of Collaborate until we can roll out a fix. Thank you for your patience.

7. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

We just deployed a fix to our git endpoints for v2.0 of our Collaborate package. You should no longer be running into 403s. Please let us know if you run into any more issues.

8. Rafarel

Rafarel

Hi @ryanc-unity I no longer have 403 on my side.

Since Collab is based on git, is there a way to use collab with git cli or any git client?

9. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

I'm glad to hear you're no longer running into that 403.

At the moment it isn't possible to use Collaborate with another git client.

Rafarel likes this.
unityunity