Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collab Not Syncing Script Changes

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by AlasdairHendry, Apr 19, 2017.

1. AlasdairHendry

AlasdairHendry

Im working with Unity Collab on a game project. I'm using my Desktop PC and my Laptop depending on where i'm located.

Collab does seem to have a lot of trouble syncing things, most of which are easily fixable. But the main issue is script changes not being synced.

I've ran into this problem again with my current update. There is currently one error, but i don't really want to progress any further in case it has not synced changes that aren't currently giving errors, but may cause issues later on.

My Desktop PC is running:
    Windows 8.1
    Unity 5.5.0f3 Personal

My Laptop is running
    Windows 10
    Unity 5.5.0f3 Personal

Can you please advise some steps i can take to try to get this update to sync correctly.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: On further investigation, i've found that indeed, a full days worth of script changes have not been synced correctly

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @AlasdairHendry! I'm sorry you're having troubles syncing your changes. Thank you for specifying your Unity version and OS for each device.

Do both devices say they are currently in sync (green check mark in the Collab Toolbar)? If your project isn't too large, could you try downloading your project from the cloud again into a new folder on the device that seems out of sync to see if the errors are cleared?

3. IgorAherne

IgorAherne

@ryanc-unity
    @bradunity
    @andyk-unity
    @SophiaC
    @tuesdays

Hey guys, our team is also experiencing similar issues - scripts don't sync changes for anything that inherits from CharacterAbility.cs (which is a monobehavior).
    Currently everyone is on 5.6.1, using windows

The only way we get around this is by zipping the files or putting into unitypackage, then sending them over the dropbox.
    Additionally, unity thinks it crashed every time we quit the application.

If you wish, I can add you to collab project so you have a look, you would fix lots of Collab bugs with it.
    You would need to sign a quick NDA to view our project,

add me on skype: igor_aherne

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @IgorAherne! Thank you for letting us know about your experience with this issue.

At this time, the team doesn't feel comfortable signing an NDA to view someone's code. Sorry about that, but we'd still like to help. Would it be possible to create a new project that includes just the scripts experiencing the issues? Then you could submit a bug report with just those scripts and we can try to reproduce it on our end. If you do decide to submit the bug report then please post here the bug number so that we can look it up.

Do you also have any logs from when Unity crashes when you quit? Those would be helpful to look at.

5. StarFluke

StarFluke

I had a similar issue.
    Would not backup the ../loc/obj namespace folder of scripts.
    Turns out it was a simple git config error in collabignore:
    Replace:
    [Oo]bj/ and [Bb]uild
    with
    /[Oo]bj/ and /[Bb]uild/
    (I did the build folder just to insure covering later issues in case I create a build namespace.)

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  6. tmanderson

tmanderson

Was there ever a solution to this? I'm having the same issue (with mac -> windows) with scripts not updating.

7. RegisVe

RegisVe

Same issue

8. laxersaz

laxersaz

I also have the same issue just now. Script changes are not recognized as changed.

9. laxersaz

laxersaz

Restarting Unity fixed this for me.

10. Karsten

Karsten

Collab 1.5.7 on 2020.3.11f1 does not sync project settings this was an issue in the past and still is, what do I do wrong?
    And no, there is no exclusion code in .collabignore
    Its very bad because layers and tags are not synced with team members rendering collab version control useless for projects above the "very basic" level

Edit:It was my "fault" , if you add a tag but the current open scene is dirty(not saved) , the tag is not recognised to be syncable by collab, make sure that you press ctrl+s before you sync something with collab.
    Note: This happens even when you edit a prefab and the scene is dirty while the prefab isnt even in the scene.maybe the collab team should see if they can do something about this behaviour

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021