Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Collab] Mysql2::Error: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by TheHighGround, Nov 21, 2018.

1. TheHighGround

TheHighGround

Hello,

I can't seem to upload my changes, it was working about an hour ago and now I have some commits to push and I am getting the current error

[Collab] Mysql2::Error: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Any ideas?

2. dtakahas

dtakahas

@TheHighGround Collab is experiencing a service issue at the moment. Currently investigating. Seems like it may only be affecting certain projects. Keep an eye on https://status.cloud.unity3d.com/ and I'll post here too when it's resolved.

3. TheHighGround

TheHighGround

Actually I just figured it out, I had duplicated a scene and changed the name and I edited it. This led to the error. I'm assuming its a bug because I fixed it by doing the following.

1.) Copied the contents of the scene I wanted to duplicate
    2.) Created an empty scene deleted its contents
    3.) Pasted the content
    4.) Published

I'm assuming there is something going on under the hood where duplicated scenes are a no go.

Refer to this https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...hange-to-server-error-when-publishing-project

4. dtakahas

dtakahas

I was just about to post that it should be fixed now.

I think your fix just coincided timing-wise with the server fix. There wouldn't be anything you could do in Unity to cause the server's MySQL database to have lock errors.

Duplicating scenes should be fine. I would guess that issue is fixed in later versions of Unity (probably anything past 5.6 or so isn't subject to that). But let us know if that isn't the case!

TheHighGround likes this.