Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collab - Me and Partner

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Halas, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Halas

Halas

Hey Guys,

I am having an issue with the collab feature. I have someone assigned to help with my project. It seems like his updates arent really coming through to mine.

I had made some back ups of the project and i think it messed up the collab as it is updating us with different versions. How should I fix this?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Halas! Have you checked if you and your teammate are connected to the same project? In the Services Window, go to the Settings tab and look for your Unity Project ID (UPID). Then check that it is the same as your teammate's on their machine. If they're the same then you're both connected to the same project and can sync your changes. If not, then one of you will need to add the other to their project and make sure to download that version from the In the Cloud tab of the Launcher so that your changes can be synced with each other.

3. Halas

Halas

Thing is, I checked the project ID, but if I close out of the file and reopen via Cloud instead of the disk, it opens to an older file. The project ID is the same

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Correct, if you open from the Cloud tab then you're downloading the latest version of the project from the Cloud, which won't include your local changes. Opening the project from On Disk will open your local version of the project. I hope that explains why both of those versions have the same ID. Just to clarify, is the project ID that you and your teammate working on the same?

5. Halas

Halas

Yes the Project ID is the same.
    How do I get what is on my disk into the cloud?

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

You can get what's on your disk into the cloud by Publishing your changes via Collab. If you check your Collab History window, do you see your teammates's commits that they've made there? Does your teammate see any errors when they try to Publish their changes?

7. Halas

Halas

If I hit publish, it says successful. If I close my project and open again via the cloud, it reverts to the old file.

Ok So, for my Desktop and Laptop: The collab speaks to each other if I load each project from "on disk"

If I open the project via "In the cloud" It is the project my partner is working on.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  8. Halas

Halas

What would be the safest way to wipe all copies of the project and restart it with just 1 file?

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Halas! Sorry for the late reply. Most of us were on Thanksgiving vacation this weekend. If you'd like to restart your project then you can go into your Services Window, go to the Settings tab and unlink your project. Then you can create a new link and upload via Collab. This will create a brand new project with a fresh history. Keep in mind that if you want to reuse the name of your old project then you'll need to archive it first on the Developer Dashboard before you can create or rename another project to the same name.