Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

collab is undependable in 2018.4.25

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by laurentlavigne, Jul 28, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

upload_2020-7-27_16-14-36.png
    this sort of freeze happen every day since i opened the project from 2017 to this release
    upload_2020-7-27_16-15-23.png
    and the latest 2.0 preview

2. cameronsun

cameronsun

Unity Technologies

Hey there Laurent - would you be able to pass along some of the logs from Collab so that we can help figure out what's going on?

The steps for doing so are as follows:
    1. Open the Editor from command line with the enableCollabEventLogs parameter set. To do this:
      1. On Windows, Unity.exe -projectPath <project path> -enableCollabEventLogs
      2. On Mac, open Unity.app/ --args -projectPath <project path> -enableCollabEventLogs
      3. You might also be able to do this directly from Unity Hub - there should be an option in the oveflow menu under Hub's project list that lets you set arguments to launch the editor with.
    2. Reproduce the unexpected behaviour.
    3. Report a bug via **Help > Report a bug...** from the top menu. (Please be sure to add as much detail as possible. Reproduction steps, screenshots, etc.)
    Once you've done this, please post the case number / logs here and I can take a look.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

today it's lost all service data
    upload_2020-7-29_13-49-33.png

4. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

interesting = when trying to sign in hub
    upload_2020-7-29_13-55-9.png

5. bdavis1000

bdavis1000

I'm having similar issues today on 2018.4.24. Are there issues currently with Unity's cloud services?

6. Zachery_C

Zachery_C

Looks like I cannot login the account in UnityHub or Unity.exe, not matter which version.

7. cameronsun

cameronsun

Unity Technologies

Yes, Google Cloud has been experiencing some network issues, and some Unity cloud services hosted on GCP are being affected.

I'd expect problems to last as long as GCP is still having issues, and given that it's beyond the scope of just Collab or just Unity, we're kind of relying on Google here for a fix. Let's give it a couple of hours and we can check in again when the network issues resolve themselves.

bdavis1000 and laurentlavigne like this.