Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Collab] ExternalAPI::Failure:

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Marc-Saubion, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

Collab doesn't work at all. Worse, I'm stuck on a check for changes loop. It can't be enabled on an other computer.

Is collab down again? What is going on?

2. dtakahas

dtakahas

The service hasn't had any downtime recently. Is there any more text to the ExternalAPI::Failure log?

> It can't be enabled on an other computer.

What is the behavior you see there?

3. dtakahas

dtakahas

Marc, we did find logs for your errors. If things haven't started working again, please send an email to collabsupport@unity3d.com and we can help.

4. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

I couldn't get the full error message because of check for changes but here is one I currently have on my other computer.

[Collab] ExternalAPI::Failure: A request to Unity accounts has failed with HTTP status 401 Unauthorized. Please try again. If you continue to see this error, please restart Unity.

It might be the same but I'm not sure.

An error message telling me collaborate's toolbar can't be enabled. I don't know more because the UI is broken and it usually start working again for no reason.

Could you define "working again"? Because that's nothing unusual and I already made many many bugs reports about all this.

5. dtakahas

dtakahas

By "working again" I mainly meant that the accounts errors went away and that Collab is back to the usual level of functionality (with the usual bugs). No need to report those again of course.

The support email is less about reporting bugs and more about individual attention and getting you unblocked. In this case we might have taken a look to see if there was a problem with your account specifically. It's usually a faster path than the forums here, so please don't hesitate to use it.

6. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

So, it turns out collaborate seriously F***ed up by destroying random part of my work and a previous commit. @dtakahas, I contacted collabsupport, can you provide whoever will work on it with the mentionned error log? thanks

Here are the issue I'm facing.

Created prefabs variant have lost their variant settings.
    At least one scene is missing changes.
    Assets added from a previous commit have been deleted (see screenshot below).
    Assets have been modified is some way even though I did not change them.

7. mahmouds

mahmouds

Did you find a fix for this?

8. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

Yes. I cancel my collaborate subscription for Plastic SCM and never looked back.

If you have trouble setting it up, ask on their forum and PM me about it. They do an excellent job and deserve an active community support.

wolfgraphicsLLC-CEO likes this.
  9. sean244

sean244

This should be further addressed. If Collab really deleted his files, that's a serious issue.

Marc-Saubion likes this.
  10. wolfgraphicsLLC-CEO

wolfgraphicsLLC-CEO

11. wolfgraphicsLLC-CEO

wolfgraphicsLLC-CEO

for months I have been dealing with some weird behavior and such and as well issues with my windows 10 as I am a affiliate with Microsoft , azure , dynamic 365, Microsoft 365, and mixed reality. and as such am a windows insider. point is i want to bring this to light. here is some screen shots of what nortons started doing even quarantined unity and started deleting my project work files not he whole project just random files. and i did away with nortons and now windows defender is doing the same but with Microsoft more precisely the program that calls the Microsoft windows updater. the issue was written up and reported through my channels at Microsoft and submitted a report through the unity support channels and such so it was brought to light. and to me this issue you had sounds oddly like the issues i was having. and as well I could open a new project save it and it would automatically turn to read only and some times hidden so could not access it.

Attached Files: