Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collab description needs to show full description when clicked.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by MrLucid72, Apr 7, 2016.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

For now, there's this scrolling marquee:
    upload_2016-4-7_15-29-11.png

But some pushes are bigger and more detailed than others. I was waiting for a good 30 seconds to see all the text, but all on one line it was a bit hard to read. Also my mouse went off it 1/2 way through so had to start over.

It's a great preview, but I'd like to be able to click it to expand the full text with the same formatting the pusher used.

2. bradunity

bradunity

That same revision should also appear in the Collab History pane (usually off to the right in the standard layout), which has more details. You can also visit the web view online that displays the same information: https://collab.cloud.unity3d.com.

MrLucid72 likes this.
  3. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Hmm.. But this means I can only view the changes AFTER I pulled, right? Or if there's incoming changes, will it show in the history? Sometimes I'd want to make sure an incoming pull was not working on the same thing I was to prevent merge conflicts, for example.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  4. bradunity

bradunity

The history window updates with new revisions available even if you haven't pulled. It's independent and meant to show you where your project is locally in relation to all the other revisions available (both in the past and those made more recently).

MrLucid72 likes this.