Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

[Collab] CreateRevisionValidator::MissingFileError: The following hashes were not found as uploaded

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by hippocoder, Apr 9, 2019.

1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

[Collab] CreateRevisionValidator::MissingFileError: The following hashes were not found as uploaded files: ["125a7e6a236ece990e3e3787f223ceb9"]. Please email collabsupport@unity3d.com

Getting tiring. Even made everything new, nothing seems to work. Using 2.0 preview 6 (but I switched to preview because I was getting random issues).

Help me fix it please :)

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

After a battery of different problems it seems to have cleared up. Is collab really this sensitive to whatever state Unity's servers are at? it seems quite... disruptive to say the least, still.

It would be helpful there was a status page for Unity services, so we can check at least to see if hair needs to fall out some more or not :)

3. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @hippocoder! This issue is one of those rare race conditions where the content of a file doesn't match its generated MD5 and Collab panics over it. This can often happen when making changes to an already edited asset before publishing and Collab doesn't have the chance to generate a new MD5 yet. The issue resolves itself after attempting to publish again. We do have plans to fix this issue after we've tackled the bigger issues for v2.0.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

I wasn't able to solve it no matter how hard I tried. I didn't change any contents of any files at any time my end. I'm very aware of my actions in Unity and know not to modify outside Unity. What I suspect caused this was a crash (which happens often of course) and a prefab decided to rebuild itself...

Unity's new prefab stuff will often create a dummy file or placeholder prefab when things crash. I mean, I don't want it to crash, and I'm not even running anything (just tabbing back to Unity) but you know, Unity's a cruel mistress.

But it's not always a user change causing it, and I know you didn't accuse - I'm just clarifying - it's not always a user change causing it.

So Unity changed the file then I suffered for it. I couldn't prevent it, and I didn't cause it. But I had to dump the entire repo and make a brand new one to fix it, and touch wood it's working for the time being.

Thanks for helping and thank you for hard work! I even tried the new 2.0 but maybe I should wait on that a little longer :D

ryanc-unity likes this.
  5. docalypse

docalypse

Getting the same error when I attempt to publish:

[Collab] CreateRevisionValidator::MissingFileError: The following hashes were not found as uploaded files: ["14c3749b4c6a09dc049de171e9b55ca1", "5dcec5075f6ec68eb68ceaf5de12c3a3", "85b82dfc572dfdb3cd96b90c2da41697", "d06c2b4bd068c48e5aa6c2150c52735a", "e0d5d2395e0674fbdb59346333676d89", "f7a646ca69c859304936dfad4a112d29"]. Please email collabsupport@unity3d.com

Just updated to collab 2.0.0p8, using Unity 2018.3.12f1.

Looking for information on this brought me to this thread.

"The issue resolves itself after attempting to publish again" is false. No changes have been made by me outside of Unity.

6. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @docalypse! Did you try restarting Unity and waiting a few minutes after reopening your project to try publishing again? If you're still seeing this error than could you try downgrading back to v1.2.16 of the Collab package, restarting your project and trying again to publish to see if you're still seeing this issue?

If the issue goes away when you downgrade back to v1.2.16, then could you submit a bug with your project so that we can try to reproduce the issue on our end with v2.0?