Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collab between Edu license and Personal

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by wcgamesart, Mar 9, 2017.

1. wcgamesart

wcgamesart

Hi,

We've tried using Collaborate on student projects, but are having problems which I suspect are due to build versions. The hope is that the students can work in class on projects (using our Educational license) then carry on at home (using their Personal licenses). When we've tried this so far, projects sync OK but the hierarchies are corrupted, objects are there but the names are blank and parameters are missing from the inspector. Both machines are PCs using 5.5.0.

I'm guessing this is due to conflict between the Edu and Personal licenses, but I just wondered if anyone could confirm this for me?

Thanks!

Andrew

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi Andrew! Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Sorry for the delayed reply. We are in the process of getting our hands on an Educational license so that we can test this on our end. We're really sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you come across any other bugs pertaining to how Collab behaves while using an Educational license.

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi again, @wcgamesart! I can't seem to repro the issues that your students are running into. :( If they are still having these scene hierarchy issues, could you make sure that they report a bug so that we can get a copy of their projects to look at? Have them go to Help->Report a Bug inside of the Unity Editor. Then, once they've submitted their bugs and received confirmation emails with the bug numbers, paste those bug numbers here so that I can connect those bugs to this post. That will help us with debugging this problem. It'll be even more helpful if they can include screenshots of the buggy scene views. I really want to resolve this issue for you so the more info your students can provide, the better.

Adam-Bailey likes this.