Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Collab] Archival operation now in progress!

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Kajamaz, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Kajamaz

Kajamaz

I set parts of our project to archive, but that was days ago, it still says operation in progress. I need help, why does it do that for our project!

2. dtakahas

dtakahas

Hi Kajamaz,

I have unlocked your project. Sorry for the trouble! There are changes coming soon that will make it unnecessary for users to have to manage history, so you should not have to worry about using the archive function anymore. Please let us know if there is any other issue. Thanks!

3. HugeJackedMan

HugeJackedMan

When is this big collab patch happening? It has not been a good experience :/

4. dtakahas

dtakahas

The changes I'm referring to there are on the service / web UI side of things and they should be released within the next couple days. Specifically, the "Archive" buttons in the Manage Storage tab will go away. We're still leaving the tab there for anyone who may need to "unarchive" until we transition all projects to the new behavior.

Have you had a negative experience with storage management specifically or collaborate in general?

5. HugeJackedMan

HugeJackedMan

Collaborate in general, biggest issue is it not being able to merge scene files. It has essentially made it so no two people can work at the same time without running into merge conflicts where the project will completely lock up and whoever uploaded last will lose their progress. Bummer man!

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @HugeJackedMan! As I mentioned in https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/collab-constantly-losing-changes.454504/ working on the same scene often causes headaches for Unity devs, even without using Collab. However, we're actively looking into ways of making this process much easier and look forward to revealing more details in the future.

For now, the most effective workflow is to have one master scene and use copies of that scene to do your work in. Once your work is ready to merge, have a Master Owner copy your changes over into the master scene and repeat. We know that this can be an unusual workflow at first, but in the long run it'll greatly reduce the amount of merge conflicts and work potentially lost. I hope this helps and let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.

7. CaesarsJoe

CaesarsJoe

I set parts of our project to archive, but it show me " your repository is locked. Contact the repository's owner"
    I'm the owner

8. Ambiciosos

Ambiciosos

Same Problem here "Archiving is currently in progress" it's been days...

9. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi, guys!

This usually happens when the project is unarchived for all services, but still archived for Collaborate service.

To unarchive it for Collaborate:
    1. Navigate to the Dashboard
    2. Click DevOps on the left-side menu
    3. Select Storage under Collaborate
    4. Click Unarchive
    If this doesn't help, please submit the support ticket and we'll be able to look into this in more details :)

Jimena_solis and oliversitan like this.