Search Unity

Coin Rotation Animation Problem

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Dinny1001, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Dinny1001

Dinny1001

Hi,I'm new to unity but i have been watching a tutorial on YouTube on how to make a game using Unity. I've made an animation for a coin i placed in the game to make it rotate 360° on a loop and it in the place it's supposed to go but every time i try to play my game,i can't do anything! it just freezes, i can't do a single thing and when i checked the console it says "Coin" AnimationEvent has no function name specified! Can someone please tell me how to fix this as i won't be able to test out my game due to this issue?!?!

2. smacbride

smacbride

In the Stealth tutorial, they have a rotating key that you pick up to open up the lift doors.

You might want to check out that tutorial and see if you can use anything for the rotating key animation to apply to your coin???

3. Dinny1001

Dinny1001

i can't find anything

4. Nanako

Nanako

it sounds like you've added an animation event to your spinning coin. Presumably by accident.

This might help you figure out how to add and remove them: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/animeditor-AnimationEvents.html

An animation event is basically a function call inserted into an animation. You've somehow added one, but not specified which function to call.

5. Dinny1001

Dinny1001

oh,you're right.Thank you so much. I remember clicking that by accident! Thank you so much for pointing that out. I didn't know what it did. I can finally continue on with my game.

Nanako likes this.