Search Unity

Codename: Trinity, demo 01

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Omar Rojo, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

2. Krise

Krise

Thats pretty sweet, it is going to be interesting to see where this goes :) I have always loved chase games like this one.

Krise

3. Samantha

Samantha

Very cool! I'm hoping that you'll be creating a regular, repeating video development blog. I'm very interested in seeing where this game goes.

A word of advice, it's not ideal to use more than one material for a mesh. You can do it, but for the most part you should put all your different colors into a single texture and assign colors using UV maps. Each material on your object doubles the time it takes to be rendered. From your video it's clear that you're concerned about rendering costs, so I wanted to give you a heads-up on that. I'm sure Aras can give you a more detailed explanation if you prod him.

4. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

Very nice of you but dont worry :D im using that model just for testing, and that was the fastest way to do it, if i let it be on one color, i just saw a shape, that is why i divided it.

I will create a more detailed version of it with texture and probably some reflective shader, all in one material, with some vertex-color occlusion, that i found interesting in my latest test.

Thanks for watching :D

.ORG

5. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Looks great Omar. Is there some sort of "heat effect" distorting the terrain behind the ship or is that simply the video quality?

6. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

Video codec D-effect i think, but probably i will do it when the time comes, i just have done so little about the game.

:D

.ORG