Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Codecks OCD Nitpicks

Discussion in 'Open Projects' started by shuttle127, Oct 1, 2020.

1. shuttle127

shuttle127

Just few small documentation nitpicks:

• Game design wiki -> Bard Hare: lyrical* skills, not lirical
    • Game design wiki -> Story: Plot sentence overly wordy/unclear - but traced back its* NOT but it traced back (assuming it here is the pig chef, unneeded in the sentence)
    • Game flow -> (X.) State Name: missing the Audio sub-section as used in (1.) The arrival; also missing from (2.) First encounter

cirocontinisio likes this.
  2. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

Thanks! I fixed the typos.

Regarding this, I was restructuring the cards and didn't intend to leave the audio in there. The card (1.) The arrival describes a state and not a location, so I don't think it makes to include the audio. This would be weird in later chapters that take place across multiple locations.

I might (and I should) add audio description to environment cards though, like The Beach.

3. shuttle127

shuttle127

Ah, gotcha, makes sense.

Speaking of audio description, was curious about the tone/feel of the game. I know it’s supposed to be family friendly, is it going to be goofy, serious, or somewhere in between? Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere.

Jirushi likes this.
  4. ironCookie

ironCookie

Hi everyone,

@shuttle127 unfortunately, I do not have an answer for you. I think the tone will be more obvious when the game has reached a playable state.

Now, back to my main intention.
    Instead of creating a new thread, I want to make my suggestions right here. I hope, that nobody is offended.

I think, that all existing and upcoming cards on https://open.codecks.io/unity-open-project-1 should include a link to the "official" forum threads.

This might reduce the amount of threads and the time to search for a specific topic in the long run.