Search Unity

Codecks.io - Project Management for and by Game Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riadd, Oct 28, 2019.

1. riadd

riadd

Hey there,

we're indie developers (Maschinen-Mensch, Curious Expedition, Spec Ops: The Line) and we've created our own project management tool called Codecks.io. I would love for you to check it out. Here are some highlights:

- Inspired by beautiful trading card games
    - Real-time no-loose-ends notifications
    - Simple yet powerful workflow process
    - Cards can be a simple as tasks or as complete as whole game design documents with interlinking
    - Milestones, burndown charts and all those metrics you love (including manual & stopwatch time tracking very soon)
    - Strong multi-project support for everybody jumping between multiple projects at the same time (or working with freelancers and other collaborators)
    - Built-in community management via our Discord bot

I'm especially excited about the last one, because it reflects our approach of focusing on game devs features that nobody of the usual suspects would tackle. You can read all about it here: https://www.codecks.io/blog/2019/discord-for-game-developers/

We also have plans for a custom Unity integration, which would allow devs and players to submit bugs from within the game and have them interact directly with your Codecks project. So as you fix bugs and finish features the tickets reported by players will update live inside their game dashboard list. I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts about that.

In which kind of ways would you love seeing your Unity game directly interact with your task tracking board? Also open to any other questions and feedback of course.

https://codecks.io

Cheers!

screenshot_2019-09-12_at_18.01.11.png codecks_040.png codecks_020 (1).PNG

Errorsatz and Rodolfo-Rubens like this.
  2. riadd

riadd

We just released a huge update:

- New card design with more room for text
    - Support for card cover images
    - Full time tracking support with automatic stopwatch per task (opt-in)

3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Looks great, but without a free plan I am far less likely to use it, when there are viable alternatives that do offer free plans such as hacknplan etc

The same goes as a paid user, would be more likely to pay for one I have been able to use as a free user providing a natural progression from one to the other.

I know you offer $50 free credit but thats not the same. Free plans allow users to commit to the platform without commiting financially and then decide later if they really need all the bells and whistles, whereas free credit still means if after X time using it I dont like it I lose everything.

Meltdown and Socrates like this.
  4. riadd

riadd

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, that's totally understandable. We just added a csv export functionality that allows to export any or all cards if you like. We're currently also designing a cool free plan. We'll announce this soon!

5. riadd

riadd

HakJak likes this.
  6. HakJak

HakJak

I checked out the site and this looks awesome! I’m going to setup an account and give it a try this week.