Search Unity

Code signing "abci.bundle" failed when trying to export archived IPA with XCode

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by ARTS_Premium, Mar 25, 2020.

1. ARTS_Premium

ARTS_Premium

Hi,

We are trying to export .ipa of the application project, but XCode have error during the signing stage of exporting the .ipa with error Meassage " Code signing "abci.bundle" failed ".

We are using Unity 2019.3.0f6 and we just update XCode to version 11.4.
    There wasn't any error during the archiving stage and we have no problem to deploy them to iOS devices.

This is the first time we try to export the archived .ipa for this project and the same problem happened with another project which is using Unity 2019.3.3f1.
    But other team's project using Unity 2019.1.5f1 doesn't have this problem and their project can be archived and exporting .ipa without any problem.

We haven't tried to use earlier version XCode instead of 11.4 yet, so we are going to try with them.
    It is required to use XCode 11 with iOS SDK 13 to build the .ipa for distribute the application to store since April of 2020 so we wouldn't try to downgrade to below version 11.

We are not 100% sure right now, but seems this issue maybe related with the Unity 2019.3.
    And also we would like to try upgrading the project to Unity 2020.1, but we are worried there will be more problem in the latest version.

So far as we have been digging down the problem by tracking the log file, we found that "abci.buundle" was part of UnityFramework.framework.
    Both project are only including with UnityFramework.framework and Vuforia.framework.

We found that we can skip the signing part by change the setting in Xcode->General->Framework, Libraries and EmbbedContents to export .ipa.
    Change the setting of UnityFramework.framwork from "Embbed and sign" to "Embbed without signing" can let us skip the signing stage without any error.

Skipping the procoess of signing the UnityFramework.framework would be a problem when we are going to upload the .ipa to the App Store.

If there is anyone facing same error as we had here, can you shared your experience or situation with us?
    And also is there any workaround can solve this signing problem without skipping the signing the code?

Thank you.

2. ARTS_Premium

ARTS_Premium

Problem solved.

By search abci.bundle in Google
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...ts.alembic/Runtime/Plugins/x86_64/abci.bundle
    "abci.bundle" is related to the Alembic import/export functions which is included in UnityFramework.framwork

by upgrading the project using Unity 2019.3.0f6 to 2019.3.3f1.
    XCode project can be archived and exported .ipa without any signing issue.

Another project with Unity 2019.3.3f1 has imported the Alembic from Unity Package Manager,which will cause same error.
    The problem can be solved by removing that package which we are not going to use it anymore.
    After these both project are good to go.

krisventure likes this.
  3. mitdave95

mitdave95

Facing the same issue on Unity 2019.3.13f1
    The above solutions didn't work, any other work around?
    Building for iOS and iPad

Even selecting Embed but do not sign does not work

4. tonOnWu

tonOnWu

Hey, guys... did you solve this error? I'm having the same situation with Unity 2019.3.13f1

5. krisventure

krisventure

That was it, thank you! In fact, I'd already removed the Alembic package earlier but I usually build with Append instead of Replace so the abc bundle remained part of my build until I've replaced it.