Search Unity

Question code fixes for old terrain generation

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by unity_aQaMMPzj3btyLg, Apr 14, 2021.

1. unity_aQaMMPzj3btyLg

unity_aQaMMPzj3btyLg

Hi guys, I'm trying to use this code I found for unity isometric procedurally generated terrain though after importing the code from a 5 year old code on GitHub I'm having trouble fixing this, any help would be much appreciated.

here is the video of what I'm trying to achieve

here is the GitHub code link LayfieldK/IsometricProceduralTerrain (github.com)

here is the problem I've got. Changes every time I change something so I got no ideas and need help. upload_2021-4-14_21-27-3.png

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

These are just bog-standard language errors. Are you unfamiliar with how compilers and computers work? You might want to work through some basic tutorials before you try to integrate a massive external library into a massive game engine.

I recommend starting with the Learning section at the top of this page.

If you wanna try debug this, learn how to fix code:

Remember: NOBODY memorizes error codes. The error code is absolutely the least useful part of the error. It serves no purpose at all.

The important parts of an error message are:
    - the description of the error itself
    - the file it occurred in
    - the line number and character position.

All of that information is in the actual error message and you must pay attention to it. Learn how to identify it instantly.

How to understand compiler and other errors and even fix them yourself:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/ass...3-syntax-error-expected.1039702/#post-6730855

3. unity_aQaMMPzj3btyLg

unity_aQaMMPzj3btyLg

Ik how computors work, such a rude ass comment. I know how computors work obviously otherwise i wouldn't be doing this I was requesting help this comment sucks and I am new to "coding" atm I'm learning unreal engine 4 visual scripting which is different all I need was help and not that comment.

4. Well... if you were that experienced, you wouldn't have asked for help in this simple matter. You could hunt down the problem yourself. Because we can't do anything better than you can: open up the source files and check what's the problem.

So what kind of help do you actually need other than someone else fix the entire thing for you for free?

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  5. unity_aQaMMPzj3btyLg

unity_aQaMMPzj3btyLg

I've opened the file and have changed many parts of errors yet I then get 100 more. It is not a matter of do it for me but more of a matter idk what the problem is I've looked and it still isn't fixed I've tried searching looked at the cs0103 error and I tried changing the name into what it says but it says the same name so idk now.

6. I opened up the github, there is no MapGenerator.cs file in it at all. Your screenshot shows MapGenerator.cs. So I have zero idea what are you doing or what is the problem.

7. unity_aQaMMPzj3btyLg

unity_aQaMMPzj3btyLg

sorry for being rude earlier, wasn't in a good mood. thought I had to create it myself? because thats how I thought it was supposed to be like I said ik and understand computers but I'm only learning visual scripting atm this is why I'm new to coding and the errors. when you download it could you get it to work in any way?

8. I didn't try to make it work, I'm not interested in this. But if you want our help, hold onto your pants and share your code. We can give you tips where you're making mistakes, but you have to learn and do the work. We are here to help only, not to do your job. If you want someone to fix it for you, advertise in the job section, maybe someone picks it up for a small fee or even for free if you're lucky.