Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Code Completion not working with new mono develop

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by Marcellus_Wilson, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Marcellus_Wilson

Marcellus_Wilson

Just tried 5.3B2 for the first time and it's been amazing. I had given up trying to get my game on gear vr and in 5.3 it works. Still doesn't hit 60 but with certain design decisions its good enough, and the lighting looks amazing on really low settings. My big issue with it though is that the code completion doesn't work at all for me with Java. If there is something I can do to fix it I don't know it. I am the level of coder where I really need unity to work out the box. I've also had trouble with the visual studio not linking to unity api's for code completion with Java since it came out, so I just have stuck with mono develop. But with this new version of unity and mono develop I get no code completion at all even if I try to load in older mono versions, again with Java. I have made a separate project for 5.3 vr work on things, then close it and open up 5.2 so I can actually write code, then open it back up in 5.3 to build and test. This is not optimal. But again not quite sure what it is but something in 5.3 is really making the game sing.
    Thanks Guys, keep up the good work.

2. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Administrator

Hi, you mention Java. But are you having issues with C# code completion in MonoDevelop-Unity 5.9?

3. Marcellus_Wilson

Marcellus_Wilson

I don't know. I only use Java in my project. It's my experience that mixing the two is never fun. I'll switch over to C# next project as that's where things seem to be going, But I'm really far along in my current project now.

image2.PNG