Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

CMFreelook + Z-axis rotation(Dutch)

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by canis, May 16, 2018.

1. canis

canis

in CMFreelook, we have Top/Middle/Bottom 3 different virtual camera (VC).
    I want to apply a little bit z-axis rotation, which call "Dutch" in VC Lens setting.

however my problem is I want to control the rotation lerp timing & percentage between Middle <-> Bottom VC

currently the effect simply just lerp between 2 different setting.
    what I really wanted to do is apply Dutch at the end of last 20%.
    e.g. AnimationCurve

Q1) I wonder if there is any easy way to achieve the same result without coding ?

Q2) if we must do it by create a helper script, how to identify the VC active state and percentage between those VC rig ?

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes, it's just doing a lerp. You'll need to write some custom code to get what you're looking for. Your script should monitor CinbemachineFreeLook.m_YAxis.Value. 0 is top rig, 0.5 is middle rig, and 1 is bottom rig.

I would attach a custom script to the FreeLook itself, get its bottom rig, and poke that rig's Lens setting in response to the value being monitored.

canis likes this.
  3. canis

canis

Thanks for pointing me in that direction.