Search Unity

Cluster rendering with Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CipherZero, Mar 10, 2015.

1. CipherZero

CipherZero

Hello everyone
    I would like to know is a Unity Pro License enough for acquiring the special license for cluster rendering?

I saw from the manual (http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ClusterInstallation.html) that I need a special license and a special build in order to use cluster rendering, I've contacted cluster rendering support but so far I still haven't receive any response...

2. DeadNinja

DeadNinja

Nope, its a separate product. You need to buy license for each node in cluster and price is high, few times more than pro itself per node.

3. CipherZero

CipherZero

hey thx dude, I got contact with unity official members, so things should get going.
    I'm a little bit confused that do I need to download and install a separate installer which is not what we can download from the normal download site (which is https://unity3d.com/get-unity)? Also where would I be able to get the package tool mentioned in manual(clustertools.package) ? Is it not available to public?

4. DeadNinja

DeadNinja

As i recall its included in cluster version and you can import it just like water and imageffects packages in standart version.

5. CipherZero

CipherZero

umm.. I own a pro license and have a unity 4.6.2
    I also got a license from official that should activate the cluster rendering capability, I activated this special license but see no significant change inside Unity and I still don't know where to get the clustertools.package. I've sent an email to cluster rendering support and hopes i can get more information as I'm very new to this feature in Unity

6. duke

duke

Well that's a shame - looks like its aimed at the high end market and institutions.

7. rogerzsc

rogerzsc

Have you got the clustertools.package from official support? I want to buy this license too.

8. shantanu01

shantanu01

How much does this Cluster Rendering Unity Package costs?