Search Unity

CloudKit where to start ?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Driiade, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Driiade

Driiade

Hello,
    I have a requierement from Apple to enable icloud saving. But documentation is not present and I can't really find a proper start to begin with.

I already know we have to enable this on xcode... this is ok.

How can i save my current local files to sync with cloudkit api ?

These files are on Application.persistentdata folder.

I really need some help. I read ton of google page, not one is really clear. How can I sync files in Unity with cliudkit ? What I have to do to integrate cliudkit in the project ?

Thanks.

2. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

3. Driiade

Driiade

We have a contract with Apple, More information soon :)

I don't know how to integrate dll or things like that. Or how to find the proper cloudkit dll :( .
    Any chance there is C# code anywhere ?

Plug-in seems not updated for a while? Prime31 is it good ?

4. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

Apple Arcade, I assume?

There is no DLL for CloudKit. According to the link I posted, Objective-C or Swift code is needed, and sadly you cannot write it simply in where you write your C# scripts. You have to use Xcode for that. Write the code, test it, expose C function and copy the files to your Unity project. Then, you need to write extern method in a C# class to interface with the C functions.

As for the plugins, you can ask the authors if you have any concern or question. As far as I can see on the Asset Store, Cross Platform Native Plugin or Cross Platform Easy Save by Voxel Busters seems to be up to date, but I have not used it before so I cannot comment on whether it really works.

5. pistoleta

pistoleta

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  6. Driiade

Driiade

Hello, We ended up using Prime31 but It was so baaaad (crash / no documentation on how to setup).
    Now we work with HovelHouse to replace it. And so far so good, some little bugs, but clearly better API. Well written, good architecture... all iCloud possibilities (not like prime31 wich is just a poor wrapper :s).

I highly recommand to test and purchase HovelHouse.

-chris and pistoleta like this.
  7. pistoleta

pistoleta