Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

CloudKit where to start ?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Driiade, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Driiade

Driiade

Hello,
    I have a requierement from Apple to enable icloud saving. But documentation is not present and I can't really find a proper start to begin with.

I already know we have to enable this on xcode... this is ok.

How can i save my current local files to sync with cloudkit api ?

These files are on Application.persistentdata folder.

I really need some help. I read ton of google page, not one is really clear. How can I sync files in Unity with cliudkit ? What I have to do to integrate cliudkit in the project ?

Thanks.

2. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

3. Driiade

Driiade

We have a contract with Apple, More information soon :)

I don't know how to integrate dll or things like that. Or how to find the proper cloudkit dll :( .
    Any chance there is C# code anywhere ?

Plug-in seems not updated for a while? Prime31 is it good ?

4. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

Apple Arcade, I assume?

There is no DLL for CloudKit. According to the link I posted, Objective-C or Swift code is needed, and sadly you cannot write it simply in where you write your C# scripts. You have to use Xcode for that. Write the code, test it, expose C function and copy the files to your Unity project. Then, you need to write extern method in a C# class to interface with the C functions.

As for the plugins, you can ask the authors if you have any concern or question. As far as I can see on the Asset Store, Cross Platform Native Plugin or Cross Platform Easy Save by Voxel Busters seems to be up to date, but I have not used it before so I cannot comment on whether it really works.

unityunity