Search Unity

Cloud content delivery path error

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by BSA_, Feb 23, 2021.

1. BSA_

BSA_

Hello, I was trying to figure how to make the cloud content delivery system works to implement it at my mobile game... I was searching for a tutorial "how to"... but I was unable to make it work.

upload_2021-2-23_8-26-15.png

I have notice this... upload_2021-2-23_8-27-36.png
    When I put this link at my "RemoteLoadPath" to load the 3D models, the full path of the http have an error, before the "?path=" appear a "/" character... I don't know if I am doing something wrong here...

The RemoteLoadPath I am using is this one "https://05ca848e-6180-40f3-94b6-3a1...f91-495b1140703f/entry_by_path/content/?path="

and the extra part of the path is this one "/q_quality_assets_all_420e91ff379905cd7239aac36cac4136.bundle"

I have tried to download the file without the "/" in middle and seems to work or something is downloaded but, at runtime it didn't work. Is it a bug, error or something like that? or just a bad configuration from my part?

If you can give me an example of the configuration, that could be very helpful... I am gonna try several days more to make it works, but... if that is a bug from the code there is no much I can do.

I used several versions of the Addressables too, from 1.16.16 to 1.1.10 and also I migrate my game to a newest version of Unity the longterm from 2019. I test several thing and I still got the same error or similar.

2. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

We trim the leading '/' off of all paths. So you're correct to remove that. Do you get any errors or logs once you do that?

3. BSA_

BSA_

At runtime or the build of the .apk.I can't use the 3D models, cause the path error, I tested the download of the file out of Unity with the browser without the "/". At Editor I got LogError messages, the first picture shows clearly the LogError and the path Issue.

Can I get a link of a project or demo of the CCD working with the runtime cloud downloading?

4. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

There's no asset by that name in the release - 48cee501-e8fe-439c-af91-495b1140703f. In that release the file is called:

q_quality_assets_all_9592fcb3178f00358175068a98b10c3d.bundle

Does that help?

5. BSA_

BSA_

Yeah... I manage to make it works at StandaloneWindows64 built with no problem at Unity 2020.2.6f1,, got some issues with the profile update RemoteLoadPath that didn't change when I change it... so I need to rebuild the local files for that... something I was not doing before.... also I got a problem related to Android which add to the RemoteLoadPath a "/" after the "?path=" as I said, for that I made the same to the StandaloneWindows64 but instead of using the inner folder files of the folder StandaloneWindows64 I use the whole folder as container for Android built... and also, it seems I need to update the profile RemoteLoadPath to the newest version of the Bucket at CCD... another thing I was not doing...

So... my path for Windows was ?path=bundle name
    and for my Android version was ?path=Android/bundle name

I hope this is clear enough... but I got that "/" for android that make the RemoteLoadPath require the [Built target]

I was testing at my current version of Unity at another testing project for the implementation, and also I was able to make the build works for mobile at 2019.3.6f1. So problem solved.

GilbertoBitt likes this.