Search Unity

Cloud built asset bundles are for wrong target platform

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by capulet2kx, Jul 15, 2019.

1. capulet2kx

capulet2kx

Am I just missing something straightforward? It seems this is something many people would have struggled with otherwise.

I use cloud build to build my project for Android and iOS.
    I enabled "build asset bundles" and "copy... to streaming assets" for both target platforms..
    When running on the devices, Android works fine but iOS can't load the asset bundles as they are made for an incorrect target platform.

In the editor, I work with my platform set to Android. I've tried changing it to iOS and building asset bundles locally, submitting it all to the SNV repo. Some change there seemed to get the bundles working on iOS and I got it running on the iPhone okay, but when I built from the same changelist for Android it didn't work there.

I've tried a lot of switching platforms and back, and deleting asset bundles and rebuilding them, and using the Asset Bundle Browser to build locally, but I can't seem to get a reliable repro of how to demonstrate this issue.

In the console, messages said the incorrect target platform was either 9 or 14.
    Unity version: 2019.1.8f1 / "Always use latest 2019.1"
    XCode version: n/a / "Latest Compatible Version"
    Source control:SVN
    Local build platform:Windows / Unity Cloud Build
    Build target:Android, iOS

Many thanks for any insight!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  2. LorenzoNuvoletta

LorenzoNuvoletta

@capulet2kx have you been able to solve this issue?
    I was testing Cloud Build iOS asset bundles -> copy to streaming assets, and it seems I am getting into the same issue