Search Unity

Cloud build Web hook.

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Neuxz, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Neuxz

Neuxz

I've noticed that the webhooks does not contain the share link. This is not always the case, but occurs very often.

I have 4 build jobs win 64bit, win 32bit, linux universal and mac universal. The sharelinks are distributed only sporadically to the hooks.

The share links are accessible via the web interface. They are simple not included in the web hook.

2. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

Share links are not generated unless you click the 'share' link in the web interface. It's a security feature so that we don't expose your builds without you explicitly completing that step. Once you've shared a build the link to it will show up in webhooks. You could use the webhook to trigger a request to the CloudBuild API to create a share link automatically:

https://build-api.cloud.unity3d.com...ts--buildtargetid--builds--number--share-post

Hope that helps!

3. Neuxz

Neuxz

behavior the toggle "include share link" in the webhook configuration but the none of the hooks included it. They are all empty. I checkd it again and nothing. Sporadically some buildsuccess hooks include the share link but the most not. If i invoke all builds manually the possibillity increase that the hook include the share link but the most still wont have one.
    You can see it's behavior in the screenshots below.
    P.S. Empty brackets <> means the share link property is empty.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  4. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

Interesting. So it seems like it's mostly happening with builds that are invoked for multiple platforms at the same time? Let me look into this further.

5. Neuxz

Neuxz

It also happens on manual invokes which only build one version. This issue got no pattern. It shows up on single or multi build invokes. Do you need more informations?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  6. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

Yup, I do unfortunately. Can you DM me with your project and org info?

7. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

Actually, nevermind I found your code. This is a cool setup. The code looks right to me. Would you mind me adding a debug webhook to your build and kicking one off to try to figure out what's going on?

saarg likes this.
  8. Neuxz

Neuxz

Sorry for my late response, I was very busy the last two days and as for the webhooks.
    No problem you can edit the webhooks. Do you need access to the repository?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  9. saarg

saarg

I have the same issue, the share link was included on the first builds but it isn't anymore.
    The share link is still working in slack, just not in the webhook.

10. Neuxz

Neuxz

Yea in Slack all works fine with the share link but on the webhooks the share link is randomly not included. It's no problem to reproduce the issue it happens on nearly all build all requests.

11. Neuxz

Neuxz

Is there any update or finding?

12. ZipasGames

ZipasGames

I have the same issue. One of 2 builds is always without the share link. If I create the share link for Android build manually, the next Windows build won't have it. If I create the share link for Windows, the next Android build won't have it.

13. Neuxz

Neuxz

@timtunity3d Can you give us any information or progress report?
    Are you guys working on it?

14. Neuxz

Neuxz

It's been 4 months since I had asked the question.
    Are there any news or updates?

@timtunity3d

15. Karsten

Karsten

webhooks seam to be massively buggy, webhook with https:// on Cloud Build simply does not get called, anyone else has same issues?
    Triplechecked everything certificate is proper ect ect , and yes im sure.
    Anyone else paying for Unity Teams and feels bad ?

16. andersemil

andersemil

We were looking to integrate UCB in our build system and automatically push builds to our own server using web hooks, but this thread is very disconcerting. Has anything happened since? @timtunity3d @Karsten

17. UnityPeterD

UnityPeterD

Unity Technologies

Hi @andersemil, while this thread is quite old I can say for sure that webhooks are working for most users to my knowledge currently and we do actively support their usage for integrations (for Cloud Build and Diagnostics). If you are having any difficulty and believe that there is an issue feel free to open a support ticket and we can investigate this further.

andersemil likes this.