Search Unity

Cloud build support

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Wattosan, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Wattosan

Wattosan

Hello,

Our certain cloud builds fail and this is part of the text in the logs:

"
    ********************************************************************************
    This build was automatically canceled by the Cloud Build service. This usually
    happens when log output stops for an extended period of time. If you suspect
    this is due to a problem with the Cloud Build service, please contact support.
    https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/support/
    ********************************************************************************
    "

However, when trying to go onto that page to get help, it does multiple redirects and ends up on the developer dashboard. How can we get help for a service that we have paid for?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi @Wattosan,

Thanks for letting us know about the broken link. I will let the team know that this needs to be changed.

Cloud Build will automatically cancel a build if a single process takes more than the timeout period (2 hours default). This can also occur if Unity has crashed during the build flow.

Suggested troubleshooting steps:
    1. Review the lines of the log just above this printed message. This usually gives you a clue as to the process that may have caused this behaviour.
    2. Confirm that all configuration on Cloud Build matches your local environment (E.g. Unity version, Xcode version, pre and post build processing, etc.)
    3. Attempt to build your project from a fresh clone of your repository in a clean local folder that is not usual working folder. Taking particular notice of any processes that are taking longer than average.
    If the above does not get you closer to a solution, please log a ticket with us by navigating to the build log on the Unity Dashboard and selecting "Support" from the left hand side menu.

Hope this helps!

Wattosan likes this.
  3. Wattosan

Wattosan

Thanks,

I found the "Open a ticket" button. I realize the reason for "hiding" away the ticket button is to reduce workload on the support team. However, it would be nice if the "Support Guides" section was half the size, so the "Open a ticket" button would be seen immediately.

There is a weird glitch though. After I go to the developer dashboard, and choose Support from under the Cloud build in the left hand menu (through the "drop down" (it goes from left to right) menu and not by selecting "Support" while already being on the Cloud Build page), it goes to the support page. Then after 1-3 seconds, without any input from me, I am redirected to "Set up a cloud build" page:
    upload_2020-10-26_13-38-54.png

If I then open the "Support" panel from the left hand side, it no longer redirects me and I can open a ticket nicely.

4. sysper

sysper

Hi, @ollieblanks

I have the same problem.

All iOS builds are failing with a timeout.
    This problem has been happening since 2 days ago.

The left side is the success log, and the right side is the failure log.

Attached Files:

5. sysper

sysper

I found something similar to this issue.
    There was a similar issue in "cocoapods 1.9.3" and it was recently resolved in "cocoapod 1.10.0".

https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods/issues/9857

I would like to update the cocoapod version in UCB. How can I update the copoapod version?

@ollieblanks Could you check this issue, please?