Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Cloud Build success, but app won't start, happens on both Android and Windows.

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by cdytoby, Jul 13, 2019.

1. cdytoby

cdytoby

I need help with cloud build. Unity 2018.4.3 LTS

I recently upgrade our project from Unity 2017 to 2018, had to made some changes to run correctly, and we made all local build success, and they can be successfully run on devices with local builds

But although those build through cloud build are success, the apps from cloud build can't run at all.

For android, it doesn't have any log, just a "beginning of crash".
    For Windows, it crashes on start, and crash log shows this:
    ```
    mono-2.0-bdwgc.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module mono-2.0-bdwgc.dll at 0033:c8648680.
    ```

I can confirm local build works, only happen to cloud build.

Can anybody help me with this?

Windows build uses Mono, and android uses il2cpp.

2. cdytoby

cdytoby

I can confirm it's TextMesh Pro issue, and downgrade it to 1.3.0 using package manager made it work.

3. ColleenJBrewer

ColleenJBrewer

Try to reinstall the cloud build app by following the proper guidelines these time.
    If that too is not helping then maybe the UDID is not registered in the mobile provisioning profile or the problem is arising here due to incompatibility of the device. There might be many different issues due to which you are facing these problems. If you want then you can change your cloud service. Try some other google cloud platform for free. Also, you should read about the AWS cloud migration strategy, cloud migration plan, and other cloud services.

4. cdytoby

cdytoby

Update to Unity 2018.4.8, and this version already fixed it.

unityunity