Search Unity

Cloud Build slowing down

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by FreakyZoid, Mar 2, 2016.

1. FreakyZoid

FreakyZoid

Hi,

My builds are usually quite quick (the project is quite small and finished builds are around 170Mb) but over the last few days they have slowed down a lot, which is compounded by a large number of restarted & failed builds.

This came to a head yesterday when a build failed with a lot of the following output. The subsequent set of builds (Windows 64, 32, and Mac) took over two hours to build (the windows 32 bit took 6 hours!) There seems to be a long delay between a build failing and the next build starting - certainly the web interface isn't updating to show that the build is underway for hours.

Code (csharp):
    1. Checking out files: 41% (1094/2606)
    2. Checking out files: 42% (1095/2606)
    3. Checking out files: 42% (1096/2606)
    4. Checking out files: 42% (1098/2606)
    5. Checking out files: 42% (1100/2606)
    6. error: unable to create file Assets/Resources/Music/Binaries_Ingame_Music_09_Intensity2.wav.meta (No space left on device)
    7. 16: error: unable to create file Assets/Resources/Music/Binaries_Ingame_Music_09_Intensity3.wav (No space left on device)
    8. 17: error: unable to create file Assets/Resources/Music/Binaries_Ingame_Music_09_Intensity3.wav.meta (No space left on device)
    9. 18: error: unable to create file Assets/Resources/Music/Binaries_Ingame_Music_09_Intensity4.wav (No space left on device)
    10. 19: Checking out files: 42% (1104/2606)

2. FreakyZoid

FreakyZoid

3. FreakyZoid

FreakyZoid

4. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

FreakyZoid,

Sorry to hear about these issues. Let us take a look and get this sorted out.

Can you DM me a link to the specific project that these screenshots are from?

Thanks.
    Patrick
    Unity Technologies

5. GraemeScott

GraemeScott

We are getting a similar problem here, builds used to take around an hour.. Now they are taking on average around 6-7 hours..

When looking at the log it seems to be the get from Perforce that is taking the time.. But I can't tell whats wrong since when I check remote access to our perforce server I don't see delays anywhere close to that..

Any idea what could be causing this or how I can better see whats going wrong??

6. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

@Graeme-Zengami: where is your perforce server physically located? If you can't discuss details publicly, feel free to send me a PM.