Search Unity

Cloud build of GearVR (Android) project doesn't work, but local build from same depot does (5.2.1p2)

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Jespionage, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Jespionage

Jespionage

Hi

If I build my Gear VR app locally, everything goes well, but the cloud build version fails. There are a few errors in the log file but the one that seems to cause the build to terminate follows...

59146: [Unity] FileNotFoundException: /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_2_1p2/Unity.app/Contents/VR/Android/ovrplugin.aar does not exist

About 10 lines later I get the same thing formatted differently...

59154: [Unity] Error building Player: FileNotFoundException: /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_2_1p2/Unity.app/Contents/VR/Android/ovrplugin.aar does not exist

and then 20 lines after that...

59189: [Unity] Player export failed. Reason: Error building Player: FileNotFoundException: /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_2_1p2/Unity.app/Contents/VR/Android/ovrplugin.aar does not exist

and after another dozen lines, I get the final failure notification. Is there something required to get GearVR support installed on the cloud build servers?

Cheers
    Jesse Joudrey
    VRChat
    http://www.vrchat.com

2. Jespionage

Jespionage

3. vilcans

vilcans

We have the same problem with a Gear VR project.

The very first error message in the log is:

Couldn't open /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_2_1f1/Unity.app/Contents/VR/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle, error: dlopen(/opt/Unity/Unity-5_2_1f1/Unity.app/Contents/VR/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0

...which is very similar to the error message that one person in our team gets when he opens the project in the editor. That same person has the problem that Unity crashes when he enters play mode. But this may be unrelated to the build failure of course.

The question is whether Gear VR projects simply don't work in cloud build or if anyone's gotten it to work.

4. Ryanc_unity

Ryanc_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey all,
    This is something we are currently looking into. We'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

5. Ryanc_unity

Ryanc_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey all,
    We were able to quickly fix this issue for Unity 5.2.1f1 & 5.2.1p[1-4] , so you should be able to build now using that version with success. The fix is still in the process of rolling out to the rest of the Unity versions affected.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  6. vilcans

vilcans

Awesome! It works now.

7. mikensecretlocation

mikensecretlocation

Is this still an issue or is it my project? I'm getting the exact same error on 5.2.2

8. vilcans

vilcans

Have you tried any of the versions @Ryanc_unity mentioned?

9. mikensecretlocation

mikensecretlocation

[Unity] Couldn't open /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_2_1p3/Unity.app/Contents/VR/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle, error: dlopen(/opt/Unity/Unity-5_2_1p3/Unity.app/Contents/VR/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0

Tried numerous versions and still getting that.

10. vilcans

vilcans

Yeah, I get that error too now. It seems to be a regression. Sigh.

11. mikensecretlocation

mikensecretlocation

For what it's worth, the build seems to work now though the error is still getting thrown.

12. Ryanc_unity

Ryanc_unity

Unity Technologies

Best I've been able to find out, this error spits out when Unity Editor starts, but has no impact on player builds. I'll send off a bug report to the team about this error.

13. Dreamora

Dreamora

It seems that 5.2.2f1 still suffers from this problem as I unluckily had to find out and given the changes and fixes on the UI for 5.2.2f1, going with 5.2.1 is not an option for our project I fear.

14. Ryanc_unity

Ryanc_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey Dreamroa,
    I just double checked and it appears that we missed fixing a few Unity versions (5.2.2f1 being one of them). I'll post a reply when we get this resolved.

15. unitychrism

unitychrism

@Dreamora,

Can you direct message me a link to your project, and also retry a build on 5.2.2 to see if the issue is resolved for you?

16. Ryanc_unity

Ryanc_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey All,
    This should be fixed for all versions going forward with the exception of 5.2.2p2. There are some other issues with the 5.2.2p2 release that I need to forward to the editor team to get fixed.

17. Ryanc_unity

Ryanc_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey All,
    We got a work around in Cloud Build for 5.2.2p2 and newer versions as well as an issue off to the editor team. That should be the last of seeing this issue.

mikensecretlocation likes this.
  18. hololabs

hololabs

Hi @Ryanc_unity. I managed to get a successful build using 5.2.2p2 as you mentioned, but just so you're aware: subsequent versions (I tried 5.2.2p4 and 5.2.3f1) aren't working.

They all have this as the first thing in the log (even the one that worked):

[Unity] Initialize engine version: 5.2.3f1 (f3d16a1fa2dd)
    [Unity] Couldn't open /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_2_3f1/Unity.app/Contents/VR/oculus/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, error: dlopen(/opt/Unity/Unity-5_2_3f1/Unity.app/Contents/VR/oculus/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0​

But the latter versions also produce this error and then fail:

[Unity] FileNotFoundException: /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_2_3f1/Unity.app/Contents/VR/oculus/Android/ovrplugin.aar does not exist
    [Unity] Error building Player: FileNotFoundException: /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_2_3f1/Unity.app/Contents/VR/oculus/Android/ovrplugin.aar does not exist
    [Unity] Player export failed. Reason: Error building Player: FileNotFoundException: /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_2_3f1/Unity.app/Contents/VR/oculus/Android/ovrplugin.aar does not exist​

19. Dreamora

Dreamora

Sadly I'm back again, while the missing aar was added on 5.2.2f1 it seems 5.2.3f1 (and potentially 5.3.0f2) are back breaking it even on my Pro subscription.

I guess this is because the build cloud uses a custom version of Unity OSX (the error clearly implies its Unity for OSX) to provide the builds where some files are cut but its definitely troubling our development and making the build health statistics questionable as an indicator if the build cloud actually is a build health issue.

20. Ryanc_unity

Ryanc_unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks all,

I'll get with our team and get these versions updated asap.

Just a bit of knowledge about this issue that might be useful to others:

Unity Cloud Build uses a case sensitive file system (not a custom unity editor), the Editor VR code that points to "VR/oculus/Android/ovrplugin.aar" or in earlier versions "VR/Android/ovrplugin.aar" is the problem as the directory name is actually "android", not "Android". We've got a bug into the VR team to fix the issue, but until that makes it into a release, we have to resort to using a work around for each version that is broken (simlink Android > android).

Edit: 5.2.2f1, 5.2.3f1, and 5.3.0f2 have been verified fixed.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  21. markbailey

markbailey

I am getting this on version 5.3.4p1
    Is this still an issue @Ryanc_unity ?
    Thanks

UCB Emailed log below:

59: [Unity] Targeting platform: android
    60: [Unity] Initialize engine version: 5.3.4p1 (e89f89413a91)
    61: [Unity] Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.01 ms, found 0 plugins.
    62: [Unity] Couldn't open /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_3_4p1/Unity.app/Contents/VR/oculus/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, error: dlopen(/opt/Unity/Unity-5_3_4p1/Unity.app/Contents/VR/oculus/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0
    63: [Unity] Referenced from: /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_3_4p1/Unity.app/Contents/VR/oculus/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin
    64: [Unity] Reason: image not found
    65: [Unity] Could not load symbol ovrp_Initialize : invalid handle passed to dlsym()
    66: [Unity] VR: Oculus could not be loaded: Failed to load symbol ovrp_Initialize.

22. Ryanc_unity

Ryanc_unity

Unity Technologies

@markbailey hmm, I'm unsure on that error if it is the same or just slightly different. Let me talk with some folks and see if we can fix it on our end or if there is something else wrong.

23. milosz-kosobucki-setapp

milosz-kosobucki-setapp

Similar problem seems to be happening for us in cloud build:

107: [Unity] Couldn't open /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_3_6f1/Unity.app/Contents/VR/oculus/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, error: dlopen(/opt/Unity/Unity-5_3_6f1/Unity.app/Contents/VR/oculus/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0​

24. MarkHenryC

MarkHenryC

Same error for me in 5.3.6p6

Couldn't open /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_3_6p6/Unity.app/Contents/VR/oculus/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, error: dlopen(/opt/Unity/Unity-5_3_6p6/Unity.app/Contents/VR/oculus/macosx64/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0

25. sgroen

sgroen

I get the same error as @vilcans in 2017.2.0f3 on OSX High Sierra:

Couldn't open /Applications/Unity_2017.2.0f3/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, error: dlopen(/Applications/Unity_2017.2.0f3/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0
    Referenced from: /Applications/Unity_2017.2.0f3/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin
    Reason: image not found