Search Unity

Cloud Build not working with any manual SCM URL

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by UnitySquid, Jun 17, 2019.

1. UnitySquid

UnitySquid

Hi,

trying to setup UCB.

When you setup the SCM you can choose between three Providers (GitHub, Bitbucket and GitLab) or you can enter a manual SCM URL but the manual way never works.

I tried URLs from BitBucket, GitHub and GitLab (I tested https and SSH URLs) and I always get the message:
    We were not able to connect to your URL.

These are the URLs for the repo I tried to connect manually on GitHub:

https://github.com/reneaye/myraumklang.git
    git@github.com:reneaye/myraumklang.git

In case you are wondering, why I want to use the manual way instead of using one of the three Provider pre-selection: in the end I want to connect to a self hosted GitLab repository. Since this didn't work out I tried to connect manually to other repos. But it seems the manual way does not work at all, or I'm doing something wrong with every repo.

Help is much appreciated.

Best
    René

2. Trivium_Dev

Trivium_Dev

Are your repos publicly accessible? Or, if they are not, have you set your SSH key in the repo settings so that UCB can access them?

I just tested setting up a manual SCM URL and it worked for me, for a private Bitbucket cloud URL, with the SSH key linked in my user settings.

3. UnitySquid

UnitySquid

@Trivium_Dev
    Thank you for your reply.

After reading your post I rechecked everything especially Unity's docs about setting up Cloud Build.
    It seems Unity should detect, that his is a privat repo, as stated here in these docs https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityCloudBuildVcsGit.html#private

So UCB should present a SSH key to me, that I can add to my repo settings. But it seems UCB does not ge to that step, cause it says, UCB is not able to connect.

So two things I might not understand:

1. Is a private repo on GitHub automatically not publicly accessible? I mean for example, there is a difference between a website that is secured with a password (private) but is pubicily accessable (I can ping it and get an answer).

2. In you post it sounds like, I can add a SSH key to my Unity user account? Did I get that right? Or did you mean to add an SSH key to the GitGub User account?

4. UnitySquid

UnitySquid

Now I tried a different browser and it seems to work :O

5. UnitySquid

UnitySquid

Hm, and it even works on the other browser as well, now. Sorry I have no other explanation than the system was broken and now it works again. Really, I tried a hundredth times, and it did not work. Only a small bug now:

when Unity Cloud displays its SSH Key, the text is white on white background. So you might think there is no key. But it is.