Search Unity

Cloud build misses skybox

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by jpv1234, Jan 2, 2017.

1. jpv1234

jpv1234

Description of issue:
    So not sure what's happening. I have my own scene with some objects and a skybox. When cloud build finishes and sends the build (iOS) in the device no skybox is shown but the objects are showed correctly. Instead of a skybox there is a white background.

When I make the build in my Mac, and then through Xcode I install the app on the same device, skybox renders perfectly.

Any ideas? Something I'm missing?

Unity version: 5.4.3 in my Mac

XCode version: 8.1 (8B62) in my Mac

Source control: Git

Local build platform: iOS 9+

Build target: iOS 9+

Relevant plugins being used (i.e. Google Play Game Services, other plugins that may perform automatic post-build behaviors): none

Project name: Treasure

Build log (relevant chunk): Actually the build has success. The thing is the skybox is missing from the scene

Does it build locally from a fresh checkout? (Instructions below):
    1. Clone/checkout your project into a new directory from source control.
    2. Open the Unity project in the same version of the editor that you are trying to build with in Cloud Build.
    3. Build a version of your project for the same platform you are targeting in Cloud Build.
    4. Verify that the errors received in your Cloud Build log are not apparent during this local build.
    Correct. When I make the build in my Mac, and then through Xcode I install the app on the same device, skybox renders perfectly.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. SophiaC

SophiaC

3. jpv1234

jpv1234

Hello @SophiaC,
    Post formatted as you requested

4. SophiaC

SophiaC

Thank you for that :D

Make sure you added your scene files to the Build Settings, and that those changes are checked into source control.

Have you tried making a Clean build from the dashboard? The Library is cached between builds and there could be some cached object which isn't getting properly updated (and a clean build should fix it).

- Sophia

5. jpv1234

jpv1234

Unfortunately issue is still going on after clean build :( I'm sure I'm sending everything to the repo. Not sure what's happening. Other ideas?

6. SophiaC

SophiaC

Hello,

Could you please post some comparison screenshots of the two builds? You can PM me these if you prefer.

- Sophia