Search Unity

Cloud Build Failure - 'An error occurred while resolving packages'

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by nmbryant, Oct 11, 2018.

1. nmbryant

nmbryant

I am getting the following error in the log for the Mac build of our game:

[Unity] [Package Manager] An error occurred while resolving packages:
    [Unity] Project has invalid dependencies:
    [Unity] com.unity.modules.particleslegacy: Package [com.unity.modules.particleslegacy@1.0.0] cannot be found

I am unable to try the Mac build locally because I do not own a Mac device, but the Windows version builds and runs fine. I have also tried a clean build and that did not fix the error.
    Has anyone seen this error before and know how I can fix it?

I have attached the full build log, along with the settings for our Mac cloud build.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. victorw

victorw

The legacy particles system has been gradually phased out over the 2018 release cycle - see this thread for further information and an upgrade tool. It looks like the package deletion was mistakenly merged into a point release for 2018.2 - if you build on 2018.2.11f1 locally then you will see the same issue.

If your project is not using any of the particles APIs (almost certainly the case, since these APIs were removed in 2018.1) then it should be safe to remove the entry referring to
    com.unity.modules.particleslegacy
    from your
    Packages/manifest.json
    . Alternatively, you can configure your build target to run against an earlier version of 2018.2 which still includes the legacy particles system - this might take a little bit of trial and error though. One common approach our customers take to avoid issues such as this is to target cloud build against the exact same version of Unity as they are using locally.

nmbryant likes this.
  3. nmbryant

nmbryant

Thanks! Removing legacy particles from that file fixed my issue.