Search Unity

cloud build fails "Information provided is not in the correct format"

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Drowning-Monkeys, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

Hi guys,

can't figure out what is happening here. The log seems like it has no errors, but in the complete log i see:
    8165: ! build of 'default-ios' failed. The information provided is not in the correct format.

Anybody know what this could be? I had previously compiled just fine many times, then suddenly started getting this error.

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

I believe that this is caused by a validation issue on the Cloud Build service due to the UDID format being changed by Apple. The development team are investigating solutions to account for this change.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Please bear with us and I will let you know of updates via this thread.

3. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

That's good to hear, i thought my project exploded :p

ollieblanks likes this.
  4. HaakonL

HaakonL

Why are you always so vague on when you are going to actually fix bugs in the cloud build system, @ollieblanks ? We need clear dates for when you will be pushing simple fixes like this.

5. hoperin

hoperin

Chiming in to add in more information to this same issue, that I ran into last night:

We've had to add a new UDID to our apple provisioning profile, for a new core team member, which I sucessfully did in the Apple developer portal, to all out provisioning profiles.

However, Any updates to the Config Signing credentials to reflect this causes this failure. I've tried it with a new developer certificate and provisioning profile, as well as with previous ad hoc distribution certificate & its an updated version of it corresponding provisioning profile, with the new UDID added.

If I use the old signing credentials, with the old version of the provisioning profile, it works fine and doesnt throw this error.

Error is presenting the exact same was as for Drowning-Monkeys: Build appears to fail at the end with no error, but on inspection of the full logs, we get the exact same line at 8579:
    ! build of 'default-ios' failed. The information provided is not in the correct format.

A little further down it repeats itself:

8599: The information provided is not in the correct format
    8600: Build Step 'Execute Shell' marked build as failure
    8601: Regenerating ruby-2.1.1 wrappers........
    8602: postbuildstatus finished successfully
    8603: Finished: FAILURE

Thanks in advance!

6. mster50-2

mster50-2

I have this issue as well, only after adding the UDID of a new iPhone to a provisioning profile. I'm guessing you'll have this fixed shortly (hopefully).

7. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

This is a brand new problem that only affected you if you got a brand new phone and added it to the provisioning profile. I suggest a little patience.

8. HaakonL

HaakonL

I have no patience with the cloud build service / team. UCB is out of order for weeks in a row several times per year. Always when they launch a new Unity version. Always when Apple release new hardware. And they are constantly late at updating to the latest toolsets, like Xcode 10 now.

On top of that, they are quite often aware of the problems we report, but no info is ever sent out upfront. So we spend a huge amount of time on debugging errors trying to figure out if it is a code change on our side that causes UCB to stop working.

The only good thing I can say about UCB is that it is a great service when it works.

9. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

You're right - you should build your own cloud building service. It's obviously really easy and UCBTeam is just lazy.

10. HaakonL

HaakonL

You seem to forget that UCB is a paid service. That means Unity has some extra responsibility to make it work well. How would you feel if the Unity editor stopped working 4-6 weeks in a row 3 times per year? Unity is a paid service as well, and you expect it to work I assume, just like we expect UCB to work.

11. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi all, I am happy to say that the fix for the UDID format issue has now been released. Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues.

GainfulSage likes this.
  12. HaakonL

HaakonL

Confirmed to be working, thanks for the quick turnaround! Is this the new standard after you made UCB a paid service? In that case, I’ll stop complaining.