Search Unity

Cloud build failing all targets with no error message

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Simie, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Simie

Simie

I've got a project running on Unity 4.6.9 that fails on all build targets with no clear error message.

The last few lines of the build log:

Code (CSharp):
    1. 1482: [Unity] Initializing Unity.PackageManager (PackageManager) v4.6.9 for Unity v4.6.9
    2. 1483: [Unity] Setting Android v4.6.9 for Unity v4.6.9f1 to /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-4_6_9/Unity.app/Contents/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer
    3. 1484: [Unity] Setting BB10 v4.6.9 for Unity v4.6.9f1 to /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-4_6_9/Unity.app/Contents/PlaybackEngines/BlackBerryPlayer
    4. 1485: [Unity] Setting iPhone v4.6.9 for Unity v4.6.9f1 to /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-4_6_9/Unity.app/Contents/PlaybackEngines/iOSSupport
    5. 1486: [Unity] Setting GUISystem v4.6.9 for Unity v4.6.9f1 to /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-4_6_9/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/GUISystem/4.6.9
    6. 1487: [Unity] Platform assembly: /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-4_6_9/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Managed/Mono.Cecil.dll (this message is harmless)
    7. 1488: [Unity] Platform assembly: /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-4_6_9/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Mono/lib/mono/2.0/UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    8. 1489: [Unity] Platform assembly: /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-4_6_9/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Managed/ICSharpCode.NRefactory.dll (this message is harmless)
    9. 1490:  ! Unity player export failed!
    10. 1491: ! build of 'default-android' failed. compile failed
    11. 1492: Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
    12. 1493: done.
    13. 1494: postbuildstatus finished successfully.
    14. 1495: Deleting project workspace...
    15. 1496: Finished: FAILURE
    16. Status: FAILED
    The log is the same for android and web player, just "default-ios" instead of "default-android" in the error message. Any ideas what might be causing this?

2. unitychrism

unitychrism

Hi there,

Can you direct message me a link to your project in Cloud Build?

3. Simie

Simie

4. Simie

Simie

5. remi_roofdog

remi_roofdog

I know this is an old thread, but I am getting the exact same issue:
    ! Unity player export failed!
    With no other errors anywhere in the log (all platforms)

Very curious to know if a solution was found for this issue.

6. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Have you checked the full log rather than just the compact log? If you have and still can't find the error, send me a PM with a link to the build in question.

7. remi_roofdog

remi_roofdog

Yeah, I did check the full log.

I sent you the links for the project and logs.

8. remi_roofdog

remi_roofdog

Solved!

Just to follow up on this in case someone else has similar problems.
    The problem was one of the [PostProcessBuild] functions was trying to open an EditorWindow (a build report plugin in our case).
    Since Unity Cloud Build builds your project without the visual editor (-nographics mode), this would crash Unity.
    Unfortunately, there was no stack trace in the logs to help find the culprit.

So in conclusion, make sure you check every [PostProcessBuild] function in your project, and validate that what they are doing is also valid for a Cloud Build. If not, segment it out using #if !UNITY_CLOUD_BUILD.

9. Simie

Simie

I wonder if that would also be a problem for editor extensions that popup windows on start-up. I wouldn't be surprised if I found one of those on my project that was causing the crash!

10. GalxyzStudios

GalxyzStudios

We are having the same issue. Our all build targets are failing.