Search Unity

Cloud build errors on a new build target

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by emrys90, May 16, 2018.

1. emrys90

emrys90

I setup a new cloud build target for a different branch/build configuration, and received the following error when trying to build it:

1: /BUILD_PATH/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.1.1/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.1.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:120:in `require': cannot load such file -- bvr (LoadError)
    2: ERROR: failed to update buildpacks!
    3: ERROR: pre-build step failed to setup environment
    4: Finished: FAILURE

Any thoughts as to what went wrong?

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Is that something you are seeing consistently? That looks like a transient error on our end.

3. emrys90

emrys90

I haven't gotten that error again, so I guess so. However, I have a pretty large project, and the cloud builds don't seem to complete if the cache isn't already loaded. Would it be possible to copy the cache from one build target to another? It's the same platform, just a different branch.

4. emrys90

emrys90

@dannyd Would that be possible? I've been scheduling lots of builds hoping it would get past the cache issue, but they all just keep being cancelled because it takes too long. Eventually we'll work on splitting our project into asset bundles to resolve these kinds of issues, but that's not an option for us at this point. I'm really hoping we can just get the cache copied over from the build target that is functional as a short-term solution to our problem.