Search Unity

Cloud Build Download Speed?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by bzAdam, Sep 5, 2016.

1. bzAdam

bzAdam

Are there any plans to increase the download speed. I am on a pro plan but the download is incredibly slow.
    My app is large (400mb) and my internet is fast but waiting 10 minutes for each build to download is not ideal.

Thanks.

2. tenjik11

tenjik11

Any new about the problem. From Tokyo the download speed is around 15 KB/s, which I consider a huge inconvenient.

Regards.

3. bzAdam

bzAdam

I've not heard anything yet. The current download speeds in the UK average about 100 KB/s which is terribly slow when your connection speed is around 100 Mb/s...

I would understand if the download speed was linked to the price you pay, I would pay to have a faster connection.

4. PhilMcJ

PhilMcJ

Unity Technologies

I added a note about this to another related thread, but it looks like I missed the same question here! The Cloud Build system doesn't specifically apply throttling of the download speeds based on the plan, app configuration, or ISP. Downloads are currently hosted from the west coast of the United States, so downloads from other parts of the world may be slow or subject to significant variation at this point - it's worth inquiring with your ISP if you see a really slow download speed with Cloud Build from a specific location, however.

5. CelitoOokaIsland

CelitoOokaIsland

I'm having the same problem and I'm on Canada! The download goes as slow as 10kb/s. Maybe if Unity allow us to add a post build upload process that could upload the build to some more accessible storage service like your own Google Drive. I found this improvement suggestion: https://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestions/automatic-build-upload maybe if we have enough votes to it, this could be in a future update to the service.

6. tenjik11

tenjik11