Search Unity

Cloud Build different to manual build

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by jpv1234, Nov 10, 2015.

1. jpv1234

jpv1234

This is a strange issue, hope someone can find what it is.

I have a project that uses cloud build and it gives a build. When I install the app in my iPhone, I can see two main problems. 1) The bake is not being correctly applied as in the editor, and 2) Some objects that has a skinned mesh renderer are invisible.

I decided to build myself the project to do testing faster. I build the project, opened Xcode and installed in my device. Incredibly, everything is fine this time! Bake is correct and objects are appearing correctly.

Finally I decided to make a last build with Cloud build to see if it was just a mistake but as you will imagine, it failed again

Any ideas?

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

1. Are you checking in the results of your bake from your local machine? We forcibly disable continuous light baking during the build process since it is extremely slow (especially for much larger projects)
    2. I've seen this happen for a few different reasons. One possibility is checking in source 3d models (ex blender models) rather than exported FBX's. Another possibility is forgetting to check in some material or .meta file associated with the models. If that's not the case, another thing you might try is running 'Clean Build' on UCB just to verify there isn't any bad data in the Library.